FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

49er sailing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
ellistine View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote ellistine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 49er sailing
    Posted: 21 Dec 10 at 11:17pm
Ordered myself a GoPro HD 960 for Christmas. The coming weeks will be spent dreaming up interesting ways to mount it.

The coming months will be spent boring friends and family with endless sailing incompetence  Embarrassed
rs4001144 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote rs4001144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 10 at 11:10am
good work! here's some footage from our 2nd sail in rs800 and the wife's first time on trapeze!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiZZnOPErNo
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 10 at 11:41am
Originally posted by ellistine

Ordered myself a GoPro HD 960 for Christmas. The coming weeks will be spent dreaming up interesting ways to mount it.

The coming months will be spent boring friends and family with endless sailing incompetence  Embarrassed
Yeah soo tempted with this.....
What Video editing software will you be using?

Timg
ellistine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ellistine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 10 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by timg

Originally posted by ellistine

Yeah soo tempted with this.....
What Video editing software will you be using?

Timg
I've had Sony Vegas for a little while so I'll be using that. Luckily my work Laptop is a bit of a powerhouse so I'll be bring that home a little more often  Wink
ellistine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ellistine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 10 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by rs4001144

good work! here's some footage from our 2nd sail in rs800 and the wife's first time on trapeze!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiZZnOPErNo
Rack Cam. I was thinking about that too. 

This is boom cam (not me). It seems to give a bit more of an all round view.

Skiffman View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote Skiffman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 10 at 11:27am
Heres a rough edit from our last camp in cadiz, bit of a shame that our gopro footage is all misted up. Still can not find a way to stop that when it gets cold, especially when we had it on in 8ft and 18knots. Ohwell, anyway let me know what you think

49er GBR5

teamfletcherandsign.co.uk
Team Fletcher and Sign campaign site
roadrunner View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote roadrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 10 at 6:49pm
cold is a relative term. we have 5cm of ice over the whole lake, and no wind, and thick fog.
the video looks excellent - just like being there. 
i think we are sharing the same sport - my 49er looks about the same but I have to face the harsh reality that you olympic guys are a world away from a father of 2 with mortgage and job to hold down.
anyway, excellent to see you guys enduring the cold along with the rest of us :)
FireballNeil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote FireballNeil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 10 at 11:14pm
Great vid, shows the progression in the boathandling from the earlier vids and it's clearly paying off in the results! Particularly like the way you launch out of the last gybe down the back of the wave  Big smile
Neil

rs4001144 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote rs4001144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 10 at 10:53pm
http://www.goprocamera.com/products/anti-fog-inserts.php

these should stop the misting. a while ago i read the misting was due to temp differences because the gopro and/or the wproof case are at different temperatures. leaving the case (open) and cam outside whilst we changed seemed to stop the misting.

paul
Skiffman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Skiffman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 10 at 8:29am
interesting I will try that next time, we already use the anti mist inserts but they are useless. I drove down to the club with the AC on which drys the air and put it all together in the car. Worked for about 15 minutes on the water. 

Its because the when the glass lens gets wet and its breezy it cools down very fast causing the misting. Not a problem in flat water 10 knots but the videos not quite as good compared to when its 20 knots.

going to have a search around for some ideas
49er GBR5

teamfletcherandsign.co.uk
Team Fletcher and Sign campaign site
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>