FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Swallows and Amazons / buying a boat

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
MerlinMags View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote MerlinMags Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Swallows and Amazons / buying a boat
    Posted: 19 Mar 10 at 9:59pm
I can't really help advertising the auction if I need promotion for the syndicate!

It would be joint custody. Hopefully the boat would travel the UK being sailed by anyone willing to contribute.

Things are rather speculative at present. When we come to the point of asking for real money, we'll work out the full details. Please do ask any questions though.
Webmuppet View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote Webmuppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 10 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by radixon

Isn't this a boat advert?

I have a unique boat available, its called a Laser?!!!

I didn't consider it to be a boat advert.......more like a nice bit of news about piece of nostalgia that deserves to be preserved. I would like to know who would end up as the boats custodian and where would it be located ?

Cheers,

Nigel
I am the milkman of human kindness, I will leave an extra pint (Billy Bragg)

Graduate 2530 'Galaxy'
radixon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote radixon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 10 at 8:07pm
Isn't this a boat advert?

I have a unique boat available, its called a Laser?!!!
MerlinMags View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote MerlinMags Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 10 at 7:00pm
I am a bit of an Arthur Ransome nut. If you are too then please read on, or mention this to someone who is...

-----------------------------------------------

A replica of 'Swallow' was built for the 1974 film of Swallows and Amazons and, after decades in a boatshed, is now for auction.

I am coordinating a group of Ransome fans who want to purchase this vintage clinker/gaff dinghy, and keep her sailing for as many people as possible to enjoy.

If you want a chance to sail this particular boat, please let me know if you feel able to make a donation to the kitty. email is:
grabachance@merlinrocket.co.uk

Please pass the message on. Thanks.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123