FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Swallows and Amazons / buying a boat

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
MerlinMags View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote MerlinMags Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Swallows and Amazons / buying a boat
    Posted: 09 Apr 10 at 9:19pm
It is fantastic the offers of help, and donations, that have come in. My thanks to you all.

We are able to make a great announcement today, that we have a partner charity willing to handle our initial finances, and make sure that we can claim 'Gift Aid' on any UK donations (an extra 28%)! This is all thanks to the Nancy Blackett Trust who already maintain an Arthur Ransome yacht, and whose aims are consistent with those of our project.

Further details on the auction and the arrangements we are making are on the website, with details of how to donate:
http://sites.google.com/site/swallowbid/

We'd love to get you out sailing just like in the books...
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote MerlinMags Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 10 at 10:20am
If you would like to help save 'Swallow' then please do so quick! Auction is at 3pm tomorrow (Wednesday 14th) and we do need just a little more...
http://sites.google.com/site/swallowbid/
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote MerlinMags Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 10 at 3:45pm
We did it! Thank you to everyone who donated.

More news when I have calmed down a bit...
Pierre View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pierre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 10 at 4:56pm
Well done chap.
Good job.

JohnW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JohnW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 10 at 10:41pm
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote MerlinMags Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 10 at 10:11pm
We're just arranging for a Lakeland boatbuilder (Pattersons) to do a few small repairs on Swallow, and make her beautiful again.

Once I have waded through a sea of red tape, we'll be ready to welcome the general public aboard for a sail!
Mark Jardine View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mark Jardine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 10 at 7:38am
I've got a feeling the 'elf and safety will require a little more due diligence than we saw in the film (perfectly demonstrated in the YouTube clip!) - my how times have changed...
JohnW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JohnW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 10 at 9:09am

Originally posted by Mark Jardine

I've got a feeling the 'elf and safety will require a little more due diligence than we saw in the film (perfectly demonstrated in the YouTube clip!) - my how times have changed...

"Better drowned than duffers, if not duffers, wont drown"

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote MerlinMags Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 10 at 9:18am
Actually, looking at the H&S aspects, it does not seem too bad (if you are not a full-blown watersports holiday company).

Plenty of red tape to do with setting up a sports club or charity though...
ifoxwell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ifoxwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 10 at 9:22am
For all those interested I've just been informed that the
film this boat was in, is on the tele today!

Ian
RS300
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>