FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tacktick Customer Service...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
chrisg View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote chrisg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tacktick Customer Service...
    Posted: 26 Feb 10 at 2:56pm

Anyone got anything good to say for them?

My tacktick died so I sent it back to them. Apparently its unfixable but I can buy a new one at a marginally discounted price from them.

Would anyone else be happy with this outcome, am i wrong to expect more?

Like perhaps they could fix it and charge a few quid to do so, we all know the cost of consumer electronics has plummeted in recent years but tackticks seem to be the exception to this rule and have become more and more expensive over the years. Whats that about? Have the functions of the micro compass actually changed?

Seriously, this:

costs less than a tacktick, whats that all about?

Sorry, Friday afternoon rant (made me feel better anyway).....

Rupert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rupert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 10 at 3:05pm
Something to do with making 1/2 a million tellys and only a few hundred tackticks?
No idea about the rest I'm afraid.
Firefly 2324, Lightning 74 & 130, Mirror 67667, Puffin 229, Minisail 3446, Topper 44496
minisailnews.blogspot.co.uk
chrisg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote chrisg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 10 at 3:07pm
I understand about economies of scale but my point really was that surely the price of the component parts must have fallen over the years, yet the prices seem to remain high thats all.

Edited by chrisg
JohnW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JohnW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 10 at 3:12pm

Mine broke (when it hit a concrete floor) and they replaced it free of charge as it was still in the warranty period.

So no complaints at all from me.

Im guessing a lot of the cost is in making the thing waterproof.  I wouldnt expect the TV to work very well after a couple of outings in my boat.

chrisg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote chrisg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 10 at 3:23pm
Yep agreed, fair enough i guess. Mine was well out of warranty....
chrisg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote chrisg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 10 at 3:38pm

That off white happened to match both my boats....

Merlinboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Merlinboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 10 at 5:58pm
Proper Pimp would be to get a carbon cover made!!  Mines white, can't see the point in changing just to have a grey one though!!!!
ellistine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ellistine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 10 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by chrisg

That off white happened to match both my
boats....

That's it then. Change the boats.
ColH View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote ColH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 10 at 6:04pm

Its probably as much the cost in labour as it is components, and as Rupert says: its also about volume - it has a massive effect..

Blaze 612
RS400atC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote RS400atC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 10 at 6:43pm

Is it significant that they are part of Suunto now and not a small company any more?

Electronic products should last at least 5 years I reckon, at least in normal use. I think TackTick have a bit of a monopoly at the moment, so don't have to care too much.

I wonder what is actually broken. I would be getting the old one back and taking it to bits.....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>