FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This forum is what you make of it

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Windermere View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Windermere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: This forum is what you make of it
    Posted: 20 Oct 20 at 6:41pm
Mark - can you move the Americas Cup topic from under multihulls to its own topic (America Cup 2021?). I think there could be more interest in this in the coming months. Thanks.
Grumpycat View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grumpycat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 20 at 3:30pm
So true lol 

423zero View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote 423zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 20 at 10:56am
Women have the wisdom of Solomon, when something needs doing it's yours, when it's OK. 'I' have a lovely house and garden.
Robert
Grumpycat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grumpycat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 20 at 9:38am
True, but i don’t need any one on here to judge me, I have a wife of 30 years to do that lol.
She says I am bad tempered grumpy old git with a heart of gold. More than happy with that assessment . Big smile
423zero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 423zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 20 at 6:05am
Judge not lest ye be judged
Robert
Grumpycat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grumpycat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 20 at 9:44pm
Judging from my short time on this forum. I am not sure you have the high moral ground  Wink
423zero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 423zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 20 at 9:29pm
Fortunately there are only a couple of trolls on here, not counting griff, we all know who they are, problem is for them, when they say something sensible, no one listens, I sometimes go on the attack but it's probably best to ignore them.
Robert
Sam.Spoons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sam.Spoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 20 at 7:53pm
I doubt it. Internet pseudonyms and trolling don't automatically go hand in hand with the former leading to the latter. FWIW it very easy to use a false but believable name anyway so anybody wanting to troll just sets up an anonymous email address and registers as John Smith or WHY.

Edited by Sam.Spoons - 12 Oct 20 at 7:55pm
Spice 346 "Flat Broke"
Blaze 671 "supersonic soap dish"
ian.r.mcdonald View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ian.r.mcdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 20 at 6:31pm
I am sure the 20 or so people who do most if the posting are happy with the current setup.

But would not a change to use of real names or at least putting your real name on your account make things less exclusive and likely to encourage others to join in?
jeffers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jeffers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 20 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by iGRF

PS that doesn't mean I wouldn't call you a half wit to your face, I've done it twice today already to snowflakes I have to deal with in real life.

I seem to recall the first time I met you (at the Dinghy Show) I call you a short arsed dwarf...all in good humour though. We had a good chat that day as I recall.
Paul
----------------------
D-Zero GBR 74
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>