FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This forum is what you make of it

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
Author
getafix View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote getafix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: This forum is what you make of it
    Posted: 02 Feb 10 at 9:29am
Perhaps the forum section entitled "America's Cup" could be renamed to "Lack of a suitable alternative" ?   To my mind, and most of the sailors I know, that about sums it up.... shame LV and those involved couldn't make a decent "cup like" series using the ACC yachts and put this side-show of lawyers, judges, scheming and politicing into the shade... where it belongs.
Feeling sorry for vegans since it became the latest fad to claim you are one
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 10 at 1:36pm

.... I've often seen people asking for genuine reviews of boats and not just manufacturer (advertiser) pleasing articles.....presumeably this is driven by a desire for an honest appraisal of a product....you know, bad bits as well as the good bits. First identify the problem and then make progress...........

How about a forum page "things that really piss me off about the sport of sailing" or "Under the Carpet" ......

..........or would that be considered bad form?

Perhaps I should have put this in the banter section

Edited by GK.LaserII
tgruitt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote tgruitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 16 at 5:32pm
~

Edited by tgruitt - 31 Aug 16 at 5:32pm
Needs to sail more...
G.R.F. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote G.R.F. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 16 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by A2Z

It's a shame when discussion gets shut down on here by passive aggressive postings, effectively telling people to shut up.  What is the good of a forum without talking points and difference of opinion?  It just sends up an echo chamber when everyone (well, the few that are left) agrees.
Thought I'd re open this thread since the foiling 101 thread seems to have developed into a bit of Forum navel gazing. As A2Z also points out, without disagreement and even discussion becoming heated, there is little point to forums. Forums generally have been hit quite hard by Facebook, where discussions do take place, but without the sort of cowardly sniping from behind anonymous identity that sometimes happens here, because for the most part proponents are themselves and openly so.
 However Facebook isn't the same as this place when it is at it's best, which it hasn't been for quite a while now. Used correctly it can be the source of knowledge as well as entertaining exchange. 
Now I should be the last person to counsel common sense, levity being for the most part my online characteristic at best and at worse an out and out troll of possibly the most irritating kind to some.
But A2Z does have  point, the 'shut up'  posts are counter intuitive when it comes to discussion, however heated said discussion becomes.
ian.r.mcdonald View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote ian.r.mcdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 16 at 4:35pm
Couldnt find a better place to post this. Fed up with the forum or indeed sailing? go back the main site and watch the Dec 1 Vendee globe video of Boss going downwind. then come back with a huge smile. Wow!!!!
Oinks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Oinks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 17 at 6:59pm
Why no Nationals Attendance stats for 2017?

Mark Jardine View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mark Jardine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 17 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by Oinks

Why no Nationals Attendance stats for 2017?

My fault! Hope to have a moment soon to sort this. Embarrassed
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 18 at 9:47am
Seems like embedded videos aren't showing. I'm on chrome, but tried edge as well. Just a blank space on the page. Anyone else with similar issues? 
jeffers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jeffers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 18 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by mozzy

Seems like embedded videos aren't showing. I'm on chrome, but tried edge as well. Just a blank space on the page. Anyone else with similar issues? 

You are best of dropping Mark or Mags a PM or an email. They don't come on to the forum that much so it may take a while for them to answer.
Paul
----------------------
D-Zero GBR 74
Camille75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Camille75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 20 at 11:06am
Couldn't agree more!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>