FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Team Origin

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jimbob View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Jimbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Team Origin
    Posted: 16 Sep 09 at 8:14pm
I've just read an article about the Americas Cup, concerning the UK's Team Origin, headed up by Ben Ainslie, who also wants to be the UK's rep in the Finn at the 2012 Olympic Games.
Now Ben has been a great representative for the UK with marvellous results in single handed single sail type dinghy sailing, but alas his involvement in big boat 3 sail racing leaves much to be desired. But Ben being the UK sailing icon he is I'm sure all concerned will bend over backwards to help him sail for the UK in the Finn in 2012 while continuing to Skipper the Americas Cup Team.
But while he may win another Olympic Gold Medal in the Finn he sure as hell will do nothing in the Americas Cup because sorry to say he doesn't appear to have either the requisite sailing or political skills.   
However there is a viable alternative. Shirley Robertson has done it all in 1 to 3 sails at the Olympics and is still doing it in big boat racing. And she has lived through a highly charged attempt to qualify for the last Olympics. And from a media point of view she is a dream. Female, good looking and articulate..
Jimbob
Isis View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote Isis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 09 at 8:29pm

Edited by Isis - 22 Nov 11 at 12:40pm
Jimbob View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jimbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 09 at 9:47pm
Isis
You are an idiot
Jimbob
Isis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Isis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 09 at 10:21pm

Edited by Isis - 22 Nov 11 at 12:40pm
Jimbob View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jimbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 09 at 11:44pm
Now why would I want to humour a dolt like you who obviously thinks that insults are a form of argument. When you show that you can carry out a reasoned discussion then I will debate my views with you.
Jimbob
bert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote bert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 09 at 12:20am

Originally posted by Jimbob

Now why would I want to humour a dolt like you who obviously thinks that insults are a form of argument. When you show that you can carry out a reasoned discussion then I will debate my views with you.

Will Now Ben has won more sailing gold medals than anyone in the uk history so may you should explan!

Other wise YOU run the risk of being considered a ARSE

Phantom 1181
AC-227 IC 304
blaze / halo 586

Laser 173312 View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote Laser 173312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 09 at 9:32am

I wouldn't bet against Ben doing anything. His determination is the most likely factor to win the Cup back for Britain. He looked plenty at home on the ETNZ B boat in Valencia.

I notice that the Origin web site has had a face lift and buried on one page is the news that they are going to compete in the Louis Vuitton World Series event in Nice, France. http://teamorigin.com/en/teamorigin/view/ourstory

Also I see Ben has got a book out, trip to Smiths at lunchtime then.

Post Reply Post Reply