FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sailing Game: Dissertation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
craigdpaul View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote craigdpaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sailing Game: Dissertation
    Posted: 17 Apr 09 at 6:45pm
Hi Guys,

for my dissertation I decided to make a simple sailing simulator, its nothing serious, and its definetly not Virtual Skipper (it was just me on a computer for a long time...)

Anyway, it would be good if i could have some feedback from anyone,

It should run on any browser and machine, provided you have the latest version of Java installed

http://www.cs.st-andrews.ac.uk/~cdp4/sail

any questions, comments etc. please direct them to cdp4@st-andrews.ac.uk or leave them on here.

thanks

Craig

(oh a few things to note, the boat cant sail off of the 2D map, so if the 3D model appears to stop for no reason, look at that.
Also if you change wind/tide settings, please make sure you click back on one of the other windows to continue playing, or it wont register keys to work)

controls are on the website, but its pretty simple,

< and > to turn Left and Right
A and Z to pull sail in and out
UP arrow and DOWN arrow to lift and lower dagger board

note: I have been developing this with the idea it could possibly be used to help teaching beginners at sailing, so when using it keep that in mind.

Edited by craigdpaul
TheKeelMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote TheKeelMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 10 at 10:52am
Hey mate , your link isn't working
Eat my ... seaweed?
dave.blakesley View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote dave.blakesley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 10 at 12:35pm
The link is over a year old, i suspect he has probably finished his dissertation by now...
 Post Reply Post Reply