FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Spinnaker

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
neilboys View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote neilboys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spinnaker
    Posted: 10 Mar 05 at 8:20pm
As an Enterprise/Laser sailor need some advice on Spinnakers....I am currently restoring A Cadet with my boys and have everything ready to go but am bit confused about attachment of the up/downhaul on the spinnaker pole. The pole we have has a single failrlead/eye (not a ramp) but I cannot figure out how the up/downhaul fit on/attach (hope this makes sense). Any help gratefully received
KnightMare View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote KnightMare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 05 at 8:26pm

er ok, the pole should have a ramp, there should be a rope tied in a loop, which goes to a loop on the mast and down to a cleat on the deck and the down haul to an eyelet then to elastic and a cleat.

If you want I probably can get a picture at the weekend.

nathan View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote nathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 05 at 10:00am
Or, you tie a hook into the uphaul/downhaul rope. This hook then goes into the eye on the spinnaker pole..

Post Options Post Options   Quote KnightMare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 05 at 10:03am
Oh yeah i forgot that they used to have that system, the ramp is a lot easier i think.
Lucy Lee View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote Lucy Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 05 at 11:30am
photos of the two spini systems might be helpful nathan & KnightMare!
Fly Cherub!

Post Options Post Options   Quote KnightMare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 05 at 3:01pm
yeah ill try and remember to take a camera to club this weekend.
neilboys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote neilboys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 05 at 5:06pm
Thanks for the replies.............any photos would be helpful

Post Options Post Options   Quote KnightMare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 05 at 6:11pm

yeah what Cadet have you got? and where do you sail?

il look at getting thoses fotos this weekend for you.

Garry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Garry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 05 at 7:06pm
There is a downloadable guide to rigging a Lark at www.cuckoos.eclipse.co.uk this also shows how the spinnaker is rigged with lots of photos.

If you have an eye on the pole you need a hook on the uphaul/downhaul try the Pinnal and Bax website and look at the spinnaker fittings.

Garry

Edited by Garry
Garry

Lark 2252, Contender 298

www.cuckoos.eclipse.co.uk

Post Options Post Options   Quote KnightMare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 05 at 7:23pm

it might just be my computer but i cant get to the downloads

yeah the ring on the pole ahouls go into a hook on the up haul downhaul, but this is quite a complicated system as the ring isnt alwasy in the same place. Also i searched the pinbax site and couldnt find any hooks, they do sell the ramps though, you could convert i supose.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>