FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

400 mast gate

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Olly4088 View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Olly4088 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 400 mast gate
    Posted: 23 Jan 09 at 9:06pm

Cheers for that russ, I think I am going to have to buy a new on LDC want £240 for what they class as a level 4 jib but yet a new on is only £290.

As for the mast gate I think james is rite I will just glue it I might even use the long lasting hard setting chewing gum that russ and charlie used to use on the 14

Phantom 1298
Merlinboy View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote Merlinboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 09 at 5:42pm
He wouldnt buy a rooster one as its not "street" legal!!!  To be honst his current jibs are dog sh*t, and he needs to shell out for a new one!!  He has got a brand new main sail, unfortunately olly has very very short arms and very deep pockets!!!
Jamesd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jamesd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 09 at 4:18pm
How about ringing rooster. Last I heard they were producing replica sails
for the re classes. They may be able to knock out a cheap one. But it
won't be class legal. If u drum up some intrest for a load of rs sailsfor
your mates you can probably get a bulk discount.
I have one sat in my shed incase I run out of bog roll LOL. But that is
about all it's good for.
Merlinboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Merlinboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 09 at 11:21am

Originally posted by Jamesd

yes mate should be fine to stick back on wit epoxy. Key both sides first and clamp it down whilst it cures. I would be more concerned why it fell off. Is the mast slack in the gate? Or tight? Oh and are you still lookin for a jib? Have you rung ugly? He usually has that sort of thing.

I have spoken to pete for olly and no he hasnt got anything, intrestingly LDC have some used ones but at ballistic money!  I think olly is going to have to dig deep and buy a new one!! 

radixon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote radixon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 09 at 11:10am

Originally posted by Merlinboy

I will fix it for you Olly, amnd i wont even charge you!!  Happy days!

But he posted a picture of you capsized, so I take it the brotherly love is restored!!!

Jamesd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jamesd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 09 at 11:00am
yes mate should be fine to stick back on wit epoxy. Key both sides first and clamp it down whilst it cures. I would be more concerned why it fell off. Is the mast slack in the gate? Or tight? Oh and are you still lookin for a jib? Have you rung ugly? He usually has that sort of thing.
Merlinboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Merlinboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 09 at 10:58am
I will fix it for you Olly, amnd i wont even charge you!!  Happy days!
Olly4088 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Olly4088 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 09 at 10:01am

All,

After the race on sunday I noticed that the mast gate had a chip in the gelcoat on the top port side. On further inspection the inside wear plate has dropped down and I presume that it has allowed the mast to move.

Has any one else had this problem and if so will epoxy do to glue it back in or do I need to screw/bolt it.

Phantom 1298
 Post Reply Post Reply