FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

So EXPENSIVE!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
stuarthop View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote stuarthop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 05 at 8:21pm
i only pay 35 a year student membership at corus colors and i get free corus social club membership and parking for my boat and windsurfer for that!

stuarthop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote stuarthop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 05 at 2:54pm

does any one know of a cheaper club than this?

hydrographer20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote hydrographer20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 05 at 3:01pm
wow i cannot believe how chaep that is its costing me student membership 65 and to park my boat 150.   
byte me!- GBR 814
stuarthop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote stuarthop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 05 at 5:25pm
yeah its a very freindly club too

bigwavedave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote bigwavedave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 05 at 6:06pm
No wonder it's cheap, it's got no bar!
Garry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Garry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 05 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by Contender443

Don't forget your class association membership at about 25 to 30 pa

RYA membership at 33pa

RNLI membership - don't know how much that is...

Imagine if you joined all of these. No wonder each of these is trying very hard to get our money. How many people actually are members of the first 2 whic hwe are told by each to be essential if you sail.

I'm a member of the class association, RYA and sailing club. The RYA doesn't do a bad job given the diversity of membership, but I do think the're a bit distant and out of touch with the average club sailor. Class associations are brillant - just think what they could do and how much cheaper it would be if they had a larger membership. However, it is very difficult to sell the benefits to the average sailor who is able to free ride on those who attend open meetings and nationals.

I think the first two are pretty important and if you can afford it deserve your support. I also think if you sail on the sea you should at least donate a few pounds to the RNLI.

Compared to a lot of leisure activities sailing is not really that expensive if you do it regularly. Not cheap, I admit, but how much is a season ticket to Man U? or a few pop concerts?

It might also be worth noting that those of us who are volunteer instructors often pay more than the average member and frequently sail less.

Garry

Lark 2252, Contender 298

www.cuckoos.eclipse.co.uk
Wave Rider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Wave Rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 05 at 7:52pm
Yeah every year since i learned i have helped to teach RYA course 1,2,3 and advanced red...................hopefully getting assistant instructor this year !
           -[Franko]-
Chew Valley Lake Sailing Club
           RS600 933
stuarthop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote stuarthop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 05 at 10:52pm
I'm an instructor and i recomend to people that the join the associations but its not essential

Harry44981! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Harry44981! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 05 at 7:57am
I'm a class accosiation member, fordoing events, and with our squad you have to be an RYA member, so I joined the RYA as well,- not a problem untill i have to pay it myself!
Phil eltringham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Phil eltringham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 05 at 12:44pm
Harry, RYA student memeber is 11 a year, its not that much, even I can afford it!
FLAT IS FAST!
Shifts Happen
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>