FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Am I the only one excited about it?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
tornado435 View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote tornado435 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Am I the only one excited about it?
    Posted: 13 Aug 08 at 11:45am

Tornado's are going to be painful if the wind stays as it is.  Force 4 to 5 and it would be cracking entertainment

A bit of time looking at the code zero's but they are big lumbering boats in no wind.

Good on Penny for the bullet though.

qimgdao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote qimgdao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 08 at 11:47am

cant get enough of it, the misses is bored of my running commentry at 6.00 am .shame they could not film all the races from all the classes so it could be shown other times though.

Richard does seem to miss a lot f the obvious stuff though.did do a search for richard on internet and this is what i found on wikipedia

July 12, 1948 (1948-07-12) (age 60)[1]
New Orleans, Louisiana,[1] U.S.
Residence Beverly Hills, California
Occupation physical fitness expert
Height 5 ft 6.5 in (1.69 m)
Website

laser4000 View Drop Down
Really should get out more
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote laser4000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 08 at 11:56am
How do I get a presenting gig with the Beeb then?

Ok so no chance of winning 2 golds like shirley has...and I think she's doing a fantastic job by the way...
Jamesd View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jamesd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 08 at 12:33pm

I think its brilliant to see the sailing, it would have been better with gps tracking and flicking to a virtual scene to show who is in front etc, like the americas cup had. but its great to have sailing on tv.

I know its light winds, but i still find it exciting. it would also be nice if they looked at some other classes as well, old shirley (who is great) keeps on saying that bens pulled through the fleet, i wanna see that not the first place rsx mile in fron of the others. 49ers are back on tomorrow

furtive View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote furtive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 08 at 1:37pm

There was a bit of virtual tracking today, but at times it seemed even more confused as Richard! Certainly nowhere near as accurate as the AC coverage.

Jamesd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jamesd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 08 at 1:44pm
i must have missed that
Laser 173312 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Laser 173312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 08 at 4:02pm

I have to say that whilst it's good to see sailing on the TV the coverage is not all it could be. They don't seem to be able to show anything other than the close inshore course and we end up with 45 minutes every day of beach & prom pictures.

Without the ISAF site I wouldn't have a clue what was happening.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12