FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Quick Help plz

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
a3xloser View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote a3xloser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Quick Help plz
    Posted: 04 Aug 08 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by ASok

Originally posted by a3xloser

i think i try a new thread, seems to me forums are a waist of time, all you ever seem to get is people with opinions and no information

I thought forums were all about opinions.  Just because I don't post the information that you require, doesn't mean you should get the hump!  Its a lot of cash to shell out and you want to make an informed choice.

I actually believe that its in your best interest to go and get some lessons first.  Firstly, because it will ensure that you actually enjoy this new pursuit of yours and secondly because it will ensure that you, your firends and family and other people around you enjoy your new hobby without risk of accident.

Also, a few lessons could lead you towards another type of boat altogether, one that is suitable for your specific needs e.g a bilge keeler would suit pottering around the river /estuaries etc if thats the type of sailing you will be doing.

Or maybe you're the type of person who doesn't need advice and will navigate with an AA road map and call the old comfort blanket of the RNLI on your nearly out of signal mobile phone!  Good luck.

Bring on maritime licences!

OMG what a know it all,know nothing, patronising insulting and opinionated snot nosed git, keep sniffing the coke your so cool

Jack Sparrow View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jack Sparrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 08 at 6:34pm
Christ it's G.R.F's brother!
Jamie600 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jamie600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 08 at 6:58pm

Assuming this person is genuine and not a troll (it is school holidays after all) - you really do need to change your attitude or either you or worse, someone else, is going to end up drowning.

It's not a sport you can jump into blind, you need to learn the basics then either take classes on navigation, seamanship etc or ideally crew for someone who can show you, then take advice on which boat to buy for yourself once you are competant to handle a boat on open water and deal with any probelms that might happen.

Also more general advice, you came on a forum asking for help, these people took time out of whatever they were doing to answer you so don't be so ungrateful by hurling insults just because it's not the answer you wanted to hear!

RS600 1001
a3xloser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote a3xloser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 08 at 11:19pm

when did i say i would go out on my yacht with out training? the fact i am going to buy a boat then get trained on it is my choice, i have lived on boats just not been sailing,

the idea of being stuck on a boat with people like the ones who think they can just put down anyone that doesn,t think like them is a nightmare, bunch of "you don't want to do it like that, you want to do it like this"

for the record they started with the insults after they decided that i was buying a boat and heading out to sea with out traing

i mean if this was a forum on shooting and you asked about a shot gun someone offed to sell you, you might get a bit peeved off with prats telling you not to put it in you mouth and pull the trigger

many thx to the guy who knows of this boat, and also to the guys recomending a survey, rest of you get a life ffs

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 08 at 11:27pm
Did you hear that?

The rest of you?

Get a life ffs

Sounds like a man after my own heart.

Edit; To three times loser

Sounds too cheap chum, could be Osmosis central, have it checked out.

And don't even dream for a nano second of trying to take it out with no
sail training, the rescue services are all volunteer funded, by charity
subscription, a lot by all of us and in time you, just make sure a few years
pass before you have to use them.

Edited by G.R.F
a3xloser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote a3xloser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 08 at 11:53pm

respect G,R,F is here

the guy selling it when asked about osmosis says she hasn,t got any and that boats this old are so thick that it never a problem, i welcome coments on that

and rest ashored i am not a risk taker when it comes to safty i will not sail untill i am trained, maybe a gambler when its just smallish amouts of money, a survey at £400 seems a big chunck out of £3,200, the guy selling works at the yacht club was taking gamble that he is a bit easy to find if he has lied, but you have worried me a bit, so will sleep on that,

if forums where full of ppl like G,R,F they would be great places

tmoore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote tmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 08 at 12:26am

i never thought i would hear/ read that!!!!!

have you viewed the boat properly? is it out of the water so that you can get a proper look at the keel and underside of the hull? osmosis will look like small bubbles under the surface of the paint/ gel coat. easiest to fin by running your hand across the hull.

i know very little of yachts but if you can try and wiggle the tip of the rudder blade. it shouldnt move in the hull but something inside the shafts wears and can i think be a pain to replace (not sure on cost)

other general stuff like engine wear etc need to be checked.

best bet would be to try and get him to take you out in it for a half days sailing so you can get to know how it all works and also to satisfy yourself that its a decent boat.

one thing though, on this forum people really appreciate good grammer and spelling as it makes it easier for them to read/ understands.

Landlocked in Africa
RS300 - 410
Firefly F517 - Nutshell
Micro Magic RC yacht - Eclipse
Black no sugar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Black no sugar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 08 at 12:49am
tmoore, check your private messages and please edit your post before you get ribbed...
Merlinboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Merlinboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 08 at 6:19am
Originally posted by tmoore

have you viewed the boat properly? is it out of the water so that you can get a proper look at the keel and underside of the hull? osmosis will look like small bubbles under the surface of the paint/ gel coat. easiest to fin by running your hand across the hull.

i know very little of yachts(,) but if you can try and wiggle the tip of the rudder blade. it shouldnt move in the hull but something inside the shafts wears and can i think be a pain to replace (not sure on cost)

other general stuff like engine wear etc need to be checked.

best bet would be to try and get him to take you out in it for a half days sailing so you can get to know how it all works and also to satisfy yourself that its a decent boat.

one thing though, on this forum people really appreciate good grammer and spelling as it makes it easier for them to read/ understands.

HIghlighted in red! People on this forum appreciate good Grammar and spelling!!

Lol  Tom you legend!

Contender 541 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Contender 541 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 08 at 8:19am
Originally posted by Merlinboy

Originally posted by tmoore

have you viewed the boat properly? is it out of the water so that you can get a proper look at the keel and underside of the hull? osmosis will look like small bubbles under the surface of the paint_/ gel coat. easiest to fin by running your hand across the hull.

i know very little of yachts(,) but if you can, try and wiggle the tip of the rudder blade. it shouldnt move in the hull but (if) something inside the shafts<del> wears and can i think be a pain to replace (not sure on cost)

other general stuff like engine wear etc. need to be checked.

best bet would be to try and get him to take you out in it for a half days sailing so (that) you can get to know how it all works and also to satisfy yourself that it's a decent boat.

one thing though, on this forum people really appreciate good grammer and spelling as it makes it easier for them to read_/ understands<del>.

HIghlighted in red! People on this forum appreciate good Grammar and spelling!!

Lol  Tom you legend!

Re-edited - because I am a pedant

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's probably best not to stir it - Pointy Haired Boss

Crew on 505 8780

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>