FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

East Coast Piers Race 2008 (ECPR)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
TornadoSi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote TornadoSi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: East Coast Piers Race 2008 (ECPR)
    Posted: 09 Jul 08 at 10:42pm
Check out www.thamesraiders.blogspot.com to see what some of our hardened catsailors are up to after the ECPR !
www.northropsails.com

Scooby_simon View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote Scooby_simon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 08 at 11:27pm

Originally posted by TornadoSi

Check out www.thamesraiders.blogspot.com to see what some of our hardened catsailors are up to after the ECPR !

Wanna learn to Ski - PM me..
fatbloke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote fatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 08 at 6:02pm

E.C.P.R 2008. Guess what......no wind. Sods law that the day before its overcast but force 4 and the day after its 25C and force 4! Such a pity as the organisation is top drawer.

radixon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote radixon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 08 at 7:25pm

I hope this is someone on here, don't recall him informing me of his sail number!
Captured this sailor on the way back past Bradwell, I spent the entire race moored off a cruiser watching the boats drift round the coast! BUT they did get up to Walton!

Fatbloke, what boat were you on?
fatbloke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote fatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 08 at 7:53pm
I was on hurricane 389. We did finish the course eventually so must have drifted past you at some stage! (albeit, a later one than the T pictured). Despite the dehydration, sun stroke, bug attacks at sea & arc eyes, we fully intend to come back next year!
Scooby_simon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Scooby_simon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 08 at 9:05pm

Originally posted by radixon

I hope this is someone on here, don't recall him informing me of his sail number!
Captured this sailor on the way back past Bradwell, I spent the entire race moored off a cruiser watching the boats drift round the coast! BUT they did get up to Walton!

Fatbloke, what boat were you on?

hey, that's me and Stuart on Stuart's boat.

I think we'd just fixed the Spi block by then. 

There was some wind at times; We got twin stringing with the kite up a couple of times.  Then chucked it all away coming up the river while fixing the Spi block.

Edited by Scooby_simon
Wanna learn to Ski - PM me..
Oli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Oli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 08 at 10:53pm

Edited by slop_idol
radixon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote radixon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 08 at 9:28am

Slop_Idol - where were you????

I was on the Orange club rib on Saturday and then on Sunday spent most of the day moored up behind a cruiser on another Orange Rib just before the Weymarks/Bradwell Gate drinking tea!

Was a good day, and I did remember to take a pic of Simon. More pictures on my parents computer in Essex, will have to wait till I go back there.

Hope to see everyone next year!

teamtb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote teamtb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 08 at 10:04am

Hi Guys - wasnt it good on Sunday ? wind from every direction. Still we did the whole course and back in time for tea.

Can anyone tell me where i can get hold of the pictures from ECPR ?

Thanks

Nick

Oli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Oli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 08 at 10:45am
radixon, i was originally sailing on proper job on sunday but we sacked that off due to lack of wind.  so went for a bez up to brightlingsea then wivenhoe in my rib and i took these with my phone (hence the crapness) as we went past.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>