FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Holy Loch or Kip?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
newbhoy View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote newbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Holy Loch or Kip?
    Posted: 20 Jan 08 at 7:09pm

Hi all

I am looking to fulfill a new years resolution.

I am going to be in the Glasgow area in May, and one of my resolutions was to get my partner to try sailing.  I have been sailing a few times before but I am def an amateur but my partner has never been sailing before.

I am looking at having a day out sailing off the west coast. If all goes well I may be able to convince them that sailing off croatia would be a good summer holiday!  I have found two marinas near Glasgow (Holy Loch & Kip) on http://www.yachtsandberths.com which linked me through to their sites. lots of great information on their sites.

Has anybody rented a boat (def with a pro on board!) from either of these marinas? Can you give me some feedback on which would be best for a first timer? 

Thanks

craiggo View Drop Down
Really should get out more
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote craiggo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 08 at 9:54pm
Kip marina has a far bigger selection of boats given that the Elan dealer is based there. As far as I'm aware Holy Loch is pretty small and lacks the facilities that most rental bases like. Holy Loch marina was created once the Americans took their submarine base away, but left the landing area etc. which is perfect for launching boats.

Go fo Kip, or Largs.
 Post Reply Post Reply