FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Venues

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Phil eltringham View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Phil eltringham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Venues
    Posted: 02 Feb 05 at 9:57pm

There is a reason why last year TTT was the largest university team racing event outside of the nationals... Its in Newcastle!  Great sailing, great city, great time!! 

Also getting to the club is easyon weekends, 25 min on the metro (the club is 10 min walk from the last stop on the line so you can sleep on the train) then stumble downhill to the club whatever state you are in from the night before, sorted!! 

This year we are running the BUSA finals at Derwent.  For the second year in a row now we are running a yacht racing weekend out of largs with teams joing us from ANUSC and SUSA.  Not to mention sailing every weekend of the year, saturday and sunday. 

In case you need another reason, the rent is cheaper up here, which leaves more money for beer/sailing/food. 

See you up here soon

FLAT IS FAST!
Shifts Happen
KnightMare View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote KnightMare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 05 at 8:22pm

K well uni sailing I got good reports from my mates who sail at Soton,

And venue reports Jim Soltensal (think its spelt like that) is the name you need to look out for, a crazy trainer but does the best venue reports I know hes done Rutland but cant tell you off the top of my head if hes done the others you were asking for.
These are on a website, and i cant remeber the name soz.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123