FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Corby 29

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ChuckyP View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote ChuckyP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Corby 29
    Posted: 30 Sep 07 at 7:57pm

Hi there, curently racing a Corby 29 in Plymouth and  we are trying to tune the boat, does anyone have any rig tension figures and or polars ???

Cheers Jamie

Stefan Lloyd View Drop Down
Really should get out more
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote Stefan Lloyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 07 at 8:38am

Have you asked John Corby? Just a thought.

ChuckyP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ChuckyP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 07 at 6:34pm

I believe the owner of the boat has asked and the answer was negative, worth another try i suppose

mckecfra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote mckecfra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 07 at 7:00pm
best way is to go out in a good wind and just play with it.. 
granada 30
dehler 36
laser :D
sorry for the bad spelling :P
ChuckyP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ChuckyP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 07 at 7:57pm
agreed, but to make it worthwhile it will takes hours and hours in all different wind strengths  sea states and although i am keen to do this getting 6 others to commit is another issue!!!
chic View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote chic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 07 at 10:32am
There's a Corby 29 on the Forth, I'll ask if they have any figures. Won't be till Sunday, though...
ChuckyP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ChuckyP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 07 at 5:53pm

Very much appreciated we have put together a few basic numbers now which i can share/ compare.

Jamie

chic View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote chic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 07 at 9:27pm

I spoke to Phil, owner of the Corby 29 'Henceforth', which is based at Port Edgar on the Forth. He tells me that Corby don't publish rig info or polars because rigs can be made by a variety of companies, and they regard themselves as responsible only for the hull design. Consequently it would depend on the rig design for tension settings and performance...

I tried my best!

Chic

ChuckyP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ChuckyP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 07 at 9:55pm

Thanks for the attempt, we have started our own data recording now anyway.

Does anyone know how to produce a graph in Excel that combines TWA, Boat speed and wind speed.

Jamie

FLATTOP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote FLATTOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 12 at 9:50pm

DID YOU HAVE ANY JOY WITH POLARS ETC GOING BACK TO YOUR POST (CORBY 29)IN 2007,IF SO WOULD YOU BE HAPPY TO SHARE ANY INFO YOU FOUND OR RECORDED, IT WOULD GIVE US AN IDEA OF SOMETHING TO AIM FOR IF SO ,CHEERS Confused

Post Reply Post Reply