FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2000, 3000 or Something Else?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
ratface View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote ratface Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 07 at 9:54pm
for Hampshire u will be more likely to sail in chichester harbour and there are many clubs around the harbour
BLYM
Hertfordshire Sailing team
Uk-Cherub 2644
Laser 4000 -4089
Rob.e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rob.e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 07 at 2:27pm
45 mins from soton could be Portsmouth or Ringwood! If you are near Pompey, Portchester is a cheap friendly club with a small fleet of 2000's and a small but growing and active fleet of 200's. You might also consider an RS500- there are a few intermediates having a great time in them at HISC. There is also a Trapeze kit for the Vision, which would be more forgiving. Give us a better clue of where you are, and we can give you better advice!
Nihil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nihil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 07 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by Rob.e

45 mins from soton could be Portsmouth or Ringwood!

Heh, I wish I was that close to the coast, tho I am glad I don't live in Portsmouth!

I'm in a small village just outside Andover and Stockbridge called, of all things, 'Over Wallop'.

It's quite a way up in the north west of the county almost on the Wiltshire boarder, so I'll be looking at a long drive wherever I end up going.

Thanks again to everyone who has posted so far, I'm looking for a 2k at the moment, but christ they are expensive! I'm guessing it's because they are easy to handle and thus in a lot of demand?

I'll check out those other suggestions too.

- Nihil
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12