FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sunsail Beach Club Holiday

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
*GM* View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote *GM* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sunsail Beach Club Holiday
    Posted: 02 Dec 04 at 7:19pm
Wildwind are opening a new family resort at Afissos in eastern Greece next year.  The existing Wildwind site at Vassiliki isn't what you want (no kids facilities etc) although it is probably a much better sailing resort than the Scumsail ones in terms of sailing conditions, quality of boats etc.  The new place might be worth considering though.
malawirich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote malawirich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 04 at 8:46pm

Galini is known within the company as a light wind resort, but as in most places within the med it does pick up in the afternoon. Remember flying in a 4000 in 97 when I was a guest. So there should be enough wind for you to try all of thoose out. If you want better wind Turkey is the place and where I choose to work. Have been at Marverde for the past two summers, this is the biggest so offers the best off the water activities, although I think all the rest are being improved (dont know much beyond what happens on the beach).

All the clubs will have the boats and staff to help you improve in thoose areas.

vern View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote vern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 04 at 2:48pm
has anybody ever worked at one of these sunsail holiday places? I was thinking it might be a great job to do during my gap year.
sailor girl View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote sailor girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 04 at 3:54pm
that's what i plan to do aswell. one of my friends worked at sunsail and really enjoyed it this year and is going back again next year aswel, he is considering it as a career as well, wouldn't that be a good job!!
Sailor Girl, Queen Of The Forum!
hurricane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote hurricane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 04 at 4:48pm
im going to work for a sailing company but i am going to work for markwarner as they are ment to treat the staff better!!
sailor girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote sailor girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 04 at 5:12pm
yes, i heard that neilsons treat their staff the best though, not too sure though
does anyone have any experience at this??
Sailor Girl, Queen Of The Forum!
hurricane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote hurricane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 04 at 5:20pm
well the mark warner workers told me that they were treated well so i think i am going to belive that source of imformation!!
malawirich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote malawirich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 04 at 1:31am

Hi

If you have read the previous posts, you will know that I have worked for Sunsail for a number of year. I would recommend it to anyone, but I would warn you that it is hard work and the amount of sailing you get to do can be limited (depends what club you are at). If you are interested about any aspect let me know and I will answer as best I can.

Sailor Girl did you friend work at either Marverde or Javalin, if so I will prob know them.

Rich

ioanlavery View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote ioanlavery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 04 at 6:03pm

I worked at the Neilson Mar Menor resort (when TEAM Unlimited) for 2 seasons, followed by 1 season at Minorca Sailing Holidays.  Both were fab ... TEAM Unlimited for its high coaching standards - even towards the instructors and Minorca for all the kit available to advance your sailing techniques.
I guess it's down to the effort you put into the work!

Would recommend teaching at either of these resorts.  Did know a few of the Sunsail staff too, but never worked for them.

aka YoYo
Katie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Katie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 04 at 1:30pm

I've done 1 season with sunsail, followed by 3 at Neilson (the first 2 in uni holidays and 2nd 2 after i'd finished before i started my 'proper' job.

In my experince Neilson were a far better company to work for.  We got paid more at Sunsail, but had to spend almost every night eating with guests, with rules about staff not sitting too near each other etc.  They're also much stricter about uniform and stuff like that, which you even have to wear in evenings.  Accommodation was shocking for staff!  don't get me wrong though, i had a wicked summer!

Neilson paid less, but i had much more free time (a big plus if you want to improve your own sailing/windsurfing etc) we were also encouraged to improve and learn new skills - in quiet weeks some of the nannys were sent on the beginner dinghies course, and i did my safety boat course for example.

basically it depends what you want to get out of it, but i would defo recommend neilson.

Edited by Katie
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>