FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New ISAF rule on quick release harnesses.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Coolhand View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Coolhand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 05 at 2:08pm

I suspect that this rule might be due to the you didn't tell me "not to put my dog in a microwave/that the coffee would be hot/that if I use Cruise control I still have to steer" effect.

If you're told to do something and then don't the liablity is shifted - therefore I suspect that every organisation will have to adopt the rule or face being taken to court for emotional stress by the first person to get a dunking whilst attcached to the wire.

Edited by Coolhand
Scooby_simon View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote Scooby_simon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 05 at 2:43pm

But then someone gets trapped / dies wearing an 'approved harness' and the ISAF gets sued. 

I still believe the ISAF have put them selves betweena  rock and a hard place with this rule an d can now see this - Hence why they (the ISAF) are dodging making any statements while they (the ISAF) work out how to get out of it. 

F16 GBR 553 - Hungry Monster - For sale
Wanna learn to Ski - PM me..
I also talk sport here
Matt Jackson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Matt Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 05 at 4:52pm
I don't think they're in touch enough with the real world (ie where people get wet now and then) to be aware they've made a mistake. Either that or they're just too belligerent to care.
Graduate 2157, Laser 125557
Blobby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Blobby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 05 at 3:33am

Having read the forum thread on the ISAF site I am not surprised that they haven't responded in an appropriate manner.  The comments are basically downright rude, childish and provocative...

If you want your comments to be taken seriously, present a serious considered argument!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456