FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Moving on...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
Author
Harry44981! View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Harry44981! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 04 at 9:14pm
All sounds good advice ! I reckon i wont move into the 4.7 as its too similar to a topper but ith smaller fleets, but the radial sounds good- i just hope all the training funding doesnt go to womens olympic training lol!!
Brian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 04 at 9:26pm
nice one bwd, tell the little chap how things work
littlelew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote littlelew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 04 at 8:34pm

hi at the moment i sail in a mirror and i am in the rya mirror national squad i have recently won the rya winter zone regata championships and i was wonderin what to go on to next after the mirror

lewis turner

lewis turner
Harry44981! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Harry44981! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 04 at 9:01pm

420 is the most naturall progression i'd say. Or 29er to be more adventerous. it all depends on you and your crews weight (if you want to sail double handed with the same crew.

You should paralle sail your mirror with the new class for the first year to introduce yourself slowely.

That's what i've been advised from Zone Squad coaches. Talk to your HPM

littlelew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote littlelew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 04 at 9:15pm

my parents wont take me on the youth rout so i need a class to sail at club level

lewis turner
Jon Emmett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jon Emmett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 04 at 9:46am

Find a crew (I agree for a 420) who has parents who will take you!!!

Jon

redback View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote redback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 04 at 12:51pm
Hi Littlelew, you'll get most out of racing if you have competition so what do they race at your club?
littlelew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote littlelew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 04 at 6:51pm

merlin rockets, hornets, lasres, b14, rs400, rs800

but i only waigh 7 stone and i want to helm as i am good at it

lewis turner
redback View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote redback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 04 at 2:02pm
It sounds like you need a big crew.  Seriously it must be an advantage to have a light helm if the crew is heavy.  Try an older Merlin (or a newer one if you can afford it).
littlelew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote littlelew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 04 at 9:20pm
i could get a merlin as my da sails 1 but they cost too much and there too powerfull for me to handle
lewis turner
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>