FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Moving on...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
Author
Harry44981! View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Harry44981! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Moving on...
    Posted: 24 Nov 04 at 8:04am

Thankyou Ian that sounds like very good advice

I'm just going into my second zone squad year. I will probably talk to my HPM, but they will probably give a very RYA youth class orentated view- notnecesarily what i want. I think there is a good rs200 fleet at Budworth- I'd stay at redesmere as well for convienience and its a nice club, but too small to get an a-symetric on. i reckon it all epends on how heavy i am at the end of next season (or whether i have a crew if too light for a radial) and whether i get a discretionary place in the national squad.

More suggestions welcome

iansmithofotley View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote iansmithofotley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 04 at 1:46pm

Hi Harry,

I should have mentioned in my previous post that you are also going to have to consider your parents' wishes.  They are the people who are forking out all the cash for boats, equipment, clothing, entry fees, travelling expenses, etc.  Also, they are obviously putting in alot of precious time and money chauffering you around to all of the events. I suspect that you also have a younger brother who sails a Topper, your parents will have to consider his needs also, besides any other brothers and sisters, if you have any. It's not easy, as a parent, to be fair to everyone in the family, particularly when a family member, like you, is particularly good at a thing and is so enthusiastic about it.  Just think, in another 2.5 years, you will be starting to learn to drive a car, then you will be posting an entry on here "What car should  get?"  Your parents will then have to fork out more cash for a car but at least they might get more time to themselves.

Ian  (Yorkshire Dales S.C.)

Brian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 04 at 4:14pm
what the heck do u stalk harry or something?
Harry44981! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Harry44981! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 04 at 4:21pm

ive already got a job for my brother- beach brigade!!! / light wind crew!!

Brian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 04 at 4:29pm
hary do u just want to give him ur life story?
hurricane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote hurricane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 04 at 5:10pm
brian shut up!!!
bigwavedave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote bigwavedave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 04 at 5:47pm

well said

sailor girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote sailor girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 04 at 6:20pm
hahahahaha!!
Sailor Girl, Queen Of The Forum!
bigwavedave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote bigwavedave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 04 at 6:48pm

Harry,

You seem to like the big fleets and having seen some of your results in the mag you appear quite confident and more than a little competent.

I think that the laser 4.7 and radial would suit you very well, you have competitive fleets and reasonable turn outs.

There is also another important point to consider. You are approaching an age where girls will be playing a very important role in your life.  The radial is now the ladies boat for the Olympics.  get yourself to on the radial circuit and be swamped by loads of girlies sailing an affordable Olympic class.  Think of the totty!

If I was not such an old lard aŁ$3  I would be getting a radial.

Just a thought.

hurricane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote hurricane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 04 at 8:17pm

yep i 2nd that go for a laser 4.7 and work up its the best step from toppers

i wish there was some decent totty sailing in the catamaran fleet

well their is the girls on the pink hobie tiger!!!!  

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>