FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bureaucracy gone mad

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Scooby_simon View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Scooby_simon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bureaucracy gone mad
    Posted: 04 Nov 04 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by Phil eltringham

Can you imagine if the letter of this was followed at a sailing school and you were sent to prison for every capsise practice session .  Team and match racing would be practiacally illegal as well .  

Also, will this apply to inland waters?

Just report every one !  Set up a pro-forma on the PC and print of 100 copies at the start of the day

Venue

Date

Time

Nature of incident (delete as applicable) capsize/mark hit/collision/etc...

and send them on.... 

Run a decent training weeken I think you might generate 1000 if you try hard enough......

Wanna learn to Ski - PM me..
Brian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 04 at 8:18pm

well done the rya for givin the gov a rap for bypassin them

"The RYA’s view on the Regulations is that they will not contribute towards safety but will merely place an unnecessary and unjustified burden on the boater."

hurricane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote hurricane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 04 at 10:25pm
i personly think we should go along with the rules and report each capsize and other incident just to annoy them and see how long it takes for this rule to be reversed for small boats!!!
Jon Emmett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jon Emmett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 04 at 9:34am

Scooby_Simon I do not think you can call it a 'decent training weekend' if you have 1000 incidents!!!

Jon

catmandoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote catmandoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 04 at 11:07am

What a load of governmental *rse. I spoke to RYA a couple of months ago re this and was told an "under" had changed into an intended "over" (or vice versa )when referring to vessel at lenght 30 m this mistake in wording led to the inclusion of all "boats"

I hope whoever did this gets a firm kick up the bahooky for wasting time and tax payers money .

But untill it's resolved :

Is the act inforce now ?

How do we report ?

Who do we report to?

Are they even going to tell us ? or just start collecting fines and impounding boats for non payment .

I phoned the MCA (Maritime Coastguard Agency) regarding this for clarification today.

Gues what ? they're on strike and not answering phones !!!! I expect at the deluge of work they will get if the act is enforced to the letter !

Scooby_simon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Scooby_simon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 04 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by Jon Emmett

Scooby_Simon I do not think you can call it a 'decent training weekend' if you have 1000 incidents!!!

Jon

Dis-agree... 

100 boats - so that's 100 capsize practices

short tight course racing, how many marks will get touched ?

ditto (MINOR) collissions - espically if there is little wind....

Wanna learn to Ski - PM me..
Phil eltringham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Phil eltringham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 04 at 1:28pm
The tide ride would never happen again if this goes through.  Crash and burn has never been so apt!!
FLAT IS FAST!
Shifts Happen
JonnyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JonnyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 04 at 2:39pm

Yep sounds ridiculous but ...

... a friend who knows about such things told me the following. 

Since this is an MSC resolution it should only apply to vessels which fall under their jurisdiction, i.e. the so-called "convention vessels". Amateur sailing boats don't fall in this category and so aren't subject to the rules.

~jc

sailor girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote sailor girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 04 at 5:16pm
ooooooohhhh, you ruined the fun!!!!! lol.
so does that mean it doesn't occur to us then??
Sailor Girl, Queen Of The Forum!
405man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 405man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 04 at 6:20pm

Angry

The 405man has the answer: just do what u wan't, we rule the waves, we do what we like for fun and ill be damned if the big blair man wants to try and tell us, otherwise i may have to impale him with me bowsprit! well lets see him right a capsise anyway, i bet he couldn't tell the front of a boat from a dead albatross, fool!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by 405man
why are laser top masts so rubbish?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>