FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Projection 762 Help please?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 85>
Author
Mark Jardine View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Mark Jardine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 06 at 4:26pm

If you email me a class logo I'll setup a page in the Classes Section of YachtsandYachting.com

Keep me posted with any class news and we'll keep the page updated. Send reports from your class racing to club@yachtsandyachting.com .

TimC View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote TimC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 06 at 10:37pm
Delighted to read how many projections have east coast homes!

We should really look to find an event many of us can do. Medway Regatta
perhaps?
J92s GBR 9224R "Upstart"
twitter.com/upstart_racing
brys View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote brys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 06 at 9:58am

I think you are absolutely correct Stefan.  The cost benefit analysis to be done by each owner would kill the idea quite quickly......The rating spread is fairly tight in any case......those who choose to go for the big kites and overlength poles are penalised with a rating increase.

Perhaps other owners of Projections with more experience of racing one another on IRC with slight rating and boat differnces would comment about how satisfactory they feel the IRC rating differences really are in practice....??????  Is it worth carrying the bigger kites and poles even though penalised by IRC? 

Considered comments that take account of results over a whole season rather than just one race would be most helpful.......

Never enough time for sailing
TimC View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote TimC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 06 at 2:55pm
Would it be an idea to post our IRC ratings to see quite how tightly grouped we all are? Our 2006 rating is 0.973
J92s GBR 9224R "Upstart"
brys View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote brys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 06 at 5:38pm

2000   0.973

2002   0.972

2003  0.971

From the figures on the Certs no measurements changed in that period.

Significant is the SPA @ 40.55 and SPL @ 3.08

How big is yours?

TimC View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote TimC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 06 at 6:18pm
I've got certs going right back to the CHS days...

but under IRC:

1999 - 0.978
2000 - 0.978
2001 - 0.979
2002 - 0.982
2003 - 0.981
2003 - 0.980
2004 - 0.979
2004 - 0.975
2006 - 0.973

SPA: 40.65
STL: 3.02
J92s GBR 9224R "Upstart"
DOUGk911 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote DOUGk911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 06 at 10:15pm

So , for us new guys to 762's , do we have anyone with interesting info to help us ? Rig settings ?  I have 45 , 40 and 35 M kites , when would I use the 35 ? I have 2 poles ,one 3.1 and one 3.2 m , I'm using and rated for the 3.2 . Is there anything I should know abouthow to handle big waves , up and down wind ? Am planning to change chain plates after winter series , I'm told they can be a prob .

Will the boat break if She is pushed too hard ?

Am sailing from Royal Northumberland YC , we have a mixed SB fleet , lots of Corks , melges ,  Ben 25 , Sigma 8's etc ..

Aiming to be at Cowes week 07,       Doug.

Oli View Drop Down
Really should get out more
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote Oli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 06 at 9:03am

this is off a rowen composites advert from yachts and yachting.

Edited by slop_idol
brys View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote brys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 06 at 9:31am
Slop Idol that is Brilliant!  Thanks
Mark Jardine View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mark Jardine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 06 at 10:06am

Hi all

I've now made a Projection 762 class page on YachtsandYachting.com - all I need is event reports, a description, calendar dates, links, photos etc. and it will be more use than the currently empty page!

Cheers

Mark

Edited by Mark Jardine
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 85>