FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Allen Endurance Series

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allen Endurance Series
    Posted: 31 Dec 17 at 10:53am
So Allen are attempting to do to some long distance races what SJ did to the winter handicaps. But to then claim that "by their nature" these events will appeal to skiffs and foilers... has the author/sponsor ever done the round sheppey?
Neal_g View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work
Far too distracted from work

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Neal_g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 17 at 11:38am
Mmmm 2016 results 4 cats in the top 4 followed by assymetric boats course record held by an rs800 so yeah some truth in the appeal to skiffs
(Redoubt Sc)
Miracle 4040
GP14 13407

Crewsaver phase 2 range now available to buy online on at http://www.gibsonsails.com
transient View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote transient Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 17 at 12:09pm
Mmmm.

Just read the bumph at the SailRacer site and looking at the individual race webpages it appears that they are not all singing from the same song sheet (yet). The forts race 2018 webpage still clearly states that it's for cats only?????

Sam.Spoons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sam.Spoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 17 at 12:36pm
Is it just me but it seems self evident that big open sea courses with long legs will favour skiffs, foilers and cats?

Edited by Sam.Spoons - 31 Dec 17 at 12:37pm
Spice 346 "Flat Broke"
Blaze 671 "supersonic soap dish"
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 17 at 2:11pm
I love long distance racing - it appeals far more than round the cans racing. But I struggle to believe that the Round IOS and the Piers Race appeal to the same person in the same boat, except the odd Dart or Osprey.
andy h View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote andy h Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 18 at 11:25pm
I've done the IoS in a Europe (a long day that, 6h 9min elapsed time).  Not sure I would fancy enough of the other events to consider doing a whole series though.  If I had a Nacra then things might be different!

Europe AUS53 & FF 3615
National 12 3344, Europe 397 and Mirror 53962 all gone with regret
 Post Reply Post Reply