FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Christmas Presents

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Oinks View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Oinks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Christmas Presents
    Posted: 28 Dec 17 at 7:23pm
A lady friend of mine got a new jockey wheel for her launching trolley on Christmas Day. As you can imagine, she was elated  LOL.  I got a new rash vest from my sister-in-law which was inspired as mine looks like its been used for cleaning the khazi! Any decent sailing prezzies out there?
423zero View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote 423zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 17 at 8:16pm
Mirror class sweatshirt
TwoCrew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote TwoCrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 17 at 8:40pm
Three of Mr Cockerill's finest Boat Whisperer DVDs - apparently it's now just a question of time before we win a national title...
KazRob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote KazRob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 17 at 9:01pm
Did anybody get the new Petticrow's RC Dragon - with very cool self tacking genoa ?
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10214534920197358&id=1551338568

OK 2249
D-1 138
The Moo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote The Moo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 17 at 9:54am
Sadly I am now of an age and infirmity where a trolley jockey wheel under the tree would have been greatly appreciated.

However, I was greatly appreciative of the financial contribution towards a Trident made to measure dry suit which I am well chuffed with

Edited by The Moo - 29 Dec 17 at 9:58am
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 17 at 3:44pm
I got an RS800... well, half of one. And I picked it up a little before Christmas. 

Not sure quite how many events we'll get to next year but an old crew is local(ish) for a while and after nearly 8 years of 200 sailing a bit of trapezing is nice. 

Hopefully I'll get some better footage once the grey skies clear and I get good enough that it's worth sharing publicly!

Edited by mozzy - 31 Dec 17 at 5:39pm
423zero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 423zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 17 at 3:50pm
Looks exciting, is it off the boom sheeting ?
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 17 at 3:53pm
Yes, off boom. Not sure I'd have considered getting without the rule change. 
423zero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 423zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 17 at 4:03pm
Off the boom sheeting was suggested a few times to me for Sprint,  have had problems with sheeting for years, never seen it in action before looks good, may have another look
Sam.Spoons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sam.Spoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 17 at 4:13pm
It definitely works on the Blaze, I guess the advantages are the same, clearing the cockpit and reduced sheet loads (plus on a skiff thing being able to pass the mainsheet to the crew to play upwind). I may revisit it on the Spice but my cobbled together dual tiller extensions may need an upgrade before it will work properly.
Spice 346 "Flat Broke"
Blaze 671 "supersonic soap dish"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>