FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New boat for 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
turnturtle View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote turnturtle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New boat for 2018
    Posted: 26 Mar 18 at 2:24pm
... and anyway, they come in a nice 'ice blue' colour now.  I might name it Viserion.  

Post Options Post Options   Quote turnturtle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 18 at 9:56am
Originally posted by iGRF

Buy a bloody Phantom ffs Or better still buy one of those H2s and give them some virtual love.

Two minutes after leaving the dock in the Laser you'll go, doh I wish I'd listened to Fuller..

Either of those have a local fleet around here?  No.

Besides the list of boats I'd buy before either of those is probably in double figures, if I was content to bob around on my tod.
iGRF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 18 at 9:54am
Buy a bloody Phantom ffs Or better still buy one of those H2s and give them some virtual love.

Two minutes after leaving the dock in the Laser you'll go, doh I wish I'd listened to Fuller..

Post Options Post Options   Quote turnturtle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 18 at 9:26am
It hurts to admit it, but another Laser for Wednesday night fleet racing.

2 season break from regular, organised sailing and it brings into focus the bits you miss and the bits you don't.      
davidyacht View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote davidyacht Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 18 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by iGRF

Getting excited.. it turns up tomorrow... Birthday Friday..
Big birthday I note ... have a good one
Happily living in the past
Rupert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rupert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 18 at 9:50am
Or Sailability. Some great fun to be had in sit in the middle boats these days, and plenty of people sailing them who aren't disabled in the "traditional" ways, but find moving about in a boat hard, and therefore can't make best use of all that Sailing and racing knowledge they've gathered over the years.
Firefly 2324, Puffin 229, Minisail 3446 Mirror 70686
MerlinMags View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote MerlinMags Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 18 at 8:31am
[QUOTE=iGRF]...and the way bi
Rupert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rupert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 18 at 5:58pm
Call her "farewell tour". You could always do a Rolling Stones then.
Firefly 2324, Puffin 229, Minisail 3446 Mirror 70686
davidyacht View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote davidyacht Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 18 at 12:55pm
Collected my new Solo 3 weeks ago "definitely the last one" accompanied with some compelling man maths.  Thought of calling it "The Final Cut", but that would be nailing my flag a bit to securely to the mast.
Happily living in the past
iGRF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 18 at 10:11am
Originally posted by Gordon 1430

[---]Big birthday  coming later in the year so working on my good lady about a from me to me]

Pretty much what this is and the way bits are deteriorating it'll probably be the last new boat I buy. :-(
#ageispain
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>