New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: Two topic forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Two topic forum

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
H2 View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king


Joined: 26 Jul 17
Online Status: Online
Posts: 110
Post Options Post Options   Quote H2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 17 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by ian.r.mcdonald



those of us trying to get involved are either ignored or rubbished which is why people look and dont post

It is all a little cliquey...the same crowd responding to the same people and if your not one of them they just ignore your posts as if you are not worth engaging with. The weird thing though is that they all seem to dislike each other, perhaps its some kind of S&M thing where they get a kick by coming on here and beating each other up?! I was wondering if it was just me that was invisible  LOL
Back to Top
H2 View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king


Joined: 26 Jul 17
Online Status: Online
Posts: 110
Post Options Post Options   Quote H2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 17 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by DiscoBall

Pretty much seems a feature of internet forums generally. 

In fact also seems quite prevalent in real life in clubs of all types - couple of popular contentious themes of conversation and occasional forays elsewhere.

I suspect you could actually copy posts from old threads to a new topic on a similar theme and nobody would actually notice...

I do not spend long on forums but the one I know best is SELOC which is for people who own Lotus cars - its totally the opposite of this forum - so perhaps I had unrealistic expectations about what can happen when you get a bunch of strangers together that share a passion for a past-time. They are actually nice to each other and super helpful, plus they can engage in a whole range of topics all related to small plastic cars built by turnip farmers!
Back to Top
H2 View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king


Joined: 26 Jul 17
Online Status: Online
Posts: 110
Post Options Post Options   Quote H2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 17 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by iGRF



You have a boat lots of us are interested to read about, how about a couple more tales in that section where you get to talk about recent outings (forget what it's called but there's a heading somewhere).


I will post up some thoughts of ownership in the coming days - still lots to learn
Back to Top
GarethT View Drop Down
Really should get out more
Really should get out more
Avatar

Joined: 21 Apr 07
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 580
Post Options Post Options   Quote GarethT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 17 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by H2

Hi - been hanging around this forum a bit recently. Most subjects seem to end up with the same people arguing about one of two topics:
1. Handicap vs Class racing.
2. PY / GL conspiracy theory
Should I just get used to it and look elsewhere or is that the limit of whats discussed?


You're forgetting the 'Death of the Laser class' threads. We've not had one of them for a couple of weeks.
Back to Top
iGRF View Drop Down
Really should get out more
Really should get out more
Avatar

Joined: 07 Mar 11
Location: Hythe
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4716
Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 17 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by GarethT

[
You're forgetting the 'Death of the Laser class' threads. We've not had one of them for a couple of weeks.


Back on the Sailjuice GL conspiracy theory then?
Back to Top
Rupert View Drop Down
Really should get out more
Really should get out more


Joined: 11 Aug 04
Location: Whitefriars sc
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7747
Post Options Post Options   Quote Rupert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 17 at 5:36pm
H2 and Ian.r, it isn't that you posts aren't read, they are. It is just that on threads about PY conspiracy theories, views are so entrenched that no one will change his (in this case, rarely her) mind on anything, so few posts are directly answered except to have a good rant.

Even fairly recently, there have been some other interesting threads, but it is only the ones where people disagree that there is enough to comment on to get decent thread length.

Normally, though, there is good, if odd and hard to spot, humour in the threads. Been missing from the recent PY thread, though.
Firefly 2324, Lightning 130, Puffin 229, Leader, Topper 44496, yellow Minisail
Back to Top
turnturtle View Drop Down
Really should get out more
Really should get out more


Joined: 05 Dec 14
Online Status: Online
Posts: 1650
Post Options Post Options   Quote turnturtle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 17 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by GarethT

Originally posted by H2

Hi - been hanging around this forum a bit recently. Most subjects seem to end up with the same people arguing about one of two topics:
1. Handicap vs Class racing.
2. PY / GL conspiracy theory
Should I just get used to it and look elsewhere or is that the limit of whats discussed?


You're forgetting the 'Death of the Laser class' threads. We've not had one of them for a couple of weeks.


Or foiling is the future!! AKA - the people’s foiler

Edited by turnturtle - 22 Nov 17 at 6:03pm
Back to Top
Sam.Spoons View Drop Down
Really should get out more
Really should get out more


Joined: 07 Mar 12
Location: Manchester UK
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1130
Post Options Post Options   Quote Sam.Spoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 17 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by H2

Originally posted by ian.r.mcdonald



those of us trying to get involved are either ignored or rubbished which is why people look and dont post

It is all a little cliquey...the same crowd responding to the same people and if your not one of them they just ignore your posts as if you are not worth engaging with. The weird thing though is that they all seem to dislike each other, perhaps its some kind of S&M thing where they get a kick by coming on here and beating each other up?! I was wondering if it was just me that was invisible  LOL

I'm fairly recent as a regular contributor (joined in 2014 but didn't post much until last summer when I was getting back into racing) and don't recognise any of those experiences. Yes there is aoocasionall 'robust' discussion and the odd bit of trolling but it's considerably more civilised than some of the US based forums I have visited.

For what it's worth, I hope both of you continue to post on here and contribute to whatever interests you
Spice 346 "Flat Broke"
Blaze 671 "supersonic soap dish"
Supernova 395 "dolly the sheep"
Back to Top
ian.r.mcdonald View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 24 Feb 06
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 63
Post Options Post Options   Quote ian.r.mcdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 17 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by H2


Originally posted by DiscoBall

Pretty much seems a feature of internet forums generally. 
In fact also seems quite prevalent in real life in clubs of all types - couple of popular contentious themes of conversation and occasional forays elsewhere.
I suspect you could actually copy posts from old threads to a new topic on a similar theme and nobody would actually notice...

I do not spend long on forums but the one I know best is SELOC which is for people who own Lotus cars - its totally the opposite of this forum - so perhaps I had unrealistic expectations about what can happen when you get a bunch of strangers together that share a passion for a past-time. They are actually nice to each other and super helpful, plus they can engage in a whole range of topics all related to small plastic cars built by turnip farmers!


I have been to the Lotus factory as a supplier, I told that my Dad had worked with Colin at British Aluminium. The Lotus engineer said " Colin who?" says it all!
Back to Top
423zero View Drop Down
Really should get out more
Really should get out more


Joined: 08 Jan 15
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 704
Post Options Post Options   Quote 423zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 17 at 10:01pm
I have been to the Lotus factory as a supplier, I told that my Dad had worked with Colin at British Aluminium. The Lotus engineer said " Colin who?" says it all!

I have no idea who Colin is either ???
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Bulletin Board Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 9.665y
Copyright ©2001-2010 Web Wiz