FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Heavy singlehander

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Tynesider View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Tynesider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 17 at 3:42pm
Funny I also remember you from the PBO site (I was Caer Urfa). I also sailed offshore single handed for over 50 years and reluctantly sold my motor Sailor during the year. I am 72 and 15.5 stone and wanted still to mainly sail 'single handed', 'I thought' moving from offshore sailing to dinghy sailing would be no problem,         BIG MISTAKE, I started by trying the boats 'I liked the look of' when I eventually went for a boat I was more physically comfortable in and enjoyed sailing, I also tried them all before buying my Hartley 12 , Lasers,Solo, miracles, GP14, Toppers you name it, what you have to remember is your old knees and admit you may not be able to move as quick as you think you can, I could plan to do a tack for 3 minutes offshore, now I might get three seconds, my advice is buy a boat you can now physically handle not what might look good  Smile

Edited by Tynesider - 06 Oct 17 at 3:43pm
      Archivist for the
Colvic Watson Owners Group    
snowleopard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote snowleopard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 17 at 8:37pm
Thanks for all the input. My short list came down to Megabyte, Phantom and Finn. In the end it was a question of what was available so I am now the proud owner of a Finn.
One hull good, two hulls better.
Do Different View Drop Down
Really should get out more
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do Different Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 17 at 8:44pm
Nice one, not the lightest and most trendy but a classy boat none the less.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123