FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is there a future for the Solution?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
Author
H2 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote H2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 17 at 8:43am
My lovely new Hadron H2 fully rigged weighs in at 75kg, the biggest issue is getting it onto the trolley which is sealed aluminum box frame and floats!!
Sam.Spoons View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sam.Spoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 17 at 9:21am
The trolly needs correctors fitted LOL

BTW is that weighed or claimed?

Edited by Sam.Spoons - 19 Sep 17 at 9:22am
Spice 346 "Flat Broke"
Blaze 671 "supersonic soap dish"
Supernova 395 "dolly the sheep"
H2 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote H2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 17 at 10:05am
I have no weighed it so it is claimed but there are boats in the park that are well known what they weigh so you can compare quite easily - it certainly is in that ball park.

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sam.Spoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 17 at 10:30am
I'm sure a builder like Keith C will be weighing his boats at the factory door and the numbers quoted will be accurate (unlike some 'larger' manufacturers who shall remain nameless). However I'd venture an extra 5-10 kg on a 90kg boat plus trolly rig is impossible to judge just by pulling one up the slipway (the 60+kg difference between my Blaze and Spice OTOH.......)
Spice 346 "Flat Broke"
iGRF View Drop Down

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 17 at 12:12pm
Trolleys that float are a nightmare in any kind of shore break, it's nice to have a light trolley for moving around the boatpark but if you're trying to recover water direct to trolley, a 'floater' moving about as much as the boat is can be quite problematic.

75kgs by the way is nothing to be proud of, it's still heavy.
H2 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote H2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 17 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by iGRF

Trolleys that float are a nightmare in any kind of shore break, it's nice to have a light trolley for moving around the boatpark but if you're trying to recover water direct to trolley, a 'floater' moving about as much as the boat is can be quite problematic.

75kgs by the way is nothing to be proud of, it's still heavy.

75kg is something to be proud of in a boat for someone who is 95kg and does not want to be crawling around on his knees and hence needs to be long, wide and deep!!
iGRF View Drop Down

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 17 at 12:58pm
I'm sure it's a nice boat, certain of it in fact, but all the time people accept that weights like 75kg are viewed as 'acceptable' it doesn't help those of us that want lighter vehicles to lift and hump around boat parks, up and down slipways and beaches. Sorry, no personal insult intended.

There's a reason the health and safety executive reduced the weight luggage handlers can lift from 32 kilos to 25. It involved back problems.

Edited by iGRF - 19 Sep 17 at 1:00pm
H2 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote H2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 17 at 1:04pm
Well coming from an RS400......its feather weight!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sam.Spoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 17 at 1:08pm
Considering that it is sailing weight it's not too shabby, it is a beamy, relatively deep 14' boat. I'd guess that a hull weight of 56kg is a good compromise between strength/durability and light weight. The Aero, at 30kg (claimed........) is pretty fragile despite being 20cm shorter, 55cm narrower and with much less freeboard (adding up to probably 30% less hull surface area). Sure it can be done lighter but at a cost.....

To make the trolly sink just remove the bungs in the tubes so they fill with water (or drill big holes in the ends)? Remember to hose them out after dipping them in sea water and you'll be fine. At least you won't have the problem I had when I had my trolly re-galvanised....... They couldn't get it to sink in the molten zinc 'cos the times were full of sand and shells....... They eventually managed to stand it on end and bash it 'till it all fell out and got the job done.

Edited by Sam.Spoons - 19 Sep 17 at 1:13pm
Spice 346 "Flat Broke"
rich96 View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote rich96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 17 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by H2

My lovely new Hadron H2 fully rigged weighs in at 75kg, the biggest issue is getting it onto the trolley which is sealed aluminum box frame and floats!!

That would be less than a Phantom ? and not much more than a Laser ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>