FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Southampton boat show - really?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
turnturtle View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote turnturtle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Southampton boat show - really?
    Posted: 16 Aug 17 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by Rupert

http://www.yachtsandyachting.com/news/197850/Millie-Mackintosh-to-open-festival-of-boating

Good to see that in a year when so many sailors have been attending world renowned well publicised events, a lifestyle guru gets to open the show. And a TV pirate gets a mention. Had thought about going, but not much point, really.

I hope she doesn't bring her ex husband with her.... understandably he doesn't like things with ropes.
Gordon 1430 View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote Gordon 1430 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 17 at 3:03pm
Hi Grf
Having been to Downs SC and up the M20 on the way back I am not surprised you don't like travelling, what an awful bit of road. Surface is so bad I was really worried about losing a wheel or punctures.
Southampton boat show is something I go to about every 3 or 4 years fine for a meet up but not much for dinghy sailors.
Gordon
Gordon
Phantom 1430
iGRF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 17 at 9:22am
Precious little for us to see there, RS usually have a stand, so have Hartleys in the past, I don't suppose they'll be debuting the new Contender quite yet have they even started the build? Was it last year there was a lipsticked Osprey, I can't remember the mists of time and speeding tickets received down there have curtailed any desire I have to revisit.
Rupert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rupert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 17 at 6:37pm
http://www.yachtsandyachting.com/news/197850/Millie-Mackintosh-to-open-festival-of-boating

Good to see that in a year when so many sailors have been attending world renowned well publicised events, a lifestyle guru gets to open the show. And a TV pirate gets a mention. Had thought about going, but not much point, really.
Firefly 2324, Puffin 229, Minisail 3446 Mirror 70686
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12