FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cheap sailing watches

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
piglet View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote piglet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cheap sailing watches
    Posted: 02 Aug 17 at 11:18am
Gordon,
The Fast Time 11 looks quite good albeit at 30 quid is over 1/2 the Optimum price.
Does it have the Sync function?

My SKMEI has 1213 stamped on the case, here it is on their own website:
https://www.skmei-watch.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=722

On Ebay try No. 232138320502 or 152600605036
or search terms 'SKMEI  Sport Military Countdown'
423zero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 423zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 17 at 11:32am
iGRF,
Touring caravan market exactly the same, much larger market than sailing.
For instance a ballcock for water bottle from caravan dealership £40 local plumbers merchant same item £8
Got Optimum watch and Decathlon one, Optimum watch will not stop beeping the minutes, drives you bonkers, will not reprogram.
Decathlon watch I have doesn't synch.

Edited by 423zero - 02 Aug 17 at 11:38am
ian.r.mcdonald View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote ian.r.mcdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 17 at 1:03pm
look at the very sizeable cycling market, call some sunglasses " cycling" and the price goes up fourfold. Ok the supp!ier doesnt have to pay Cav or Sagan to wear them, but buy them as safety glasses very much cheaper.

at least the sailing watch people have some specific features required which does mean sales units are relatively small

Gordon 1430 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Gordon 1430 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 17 at 1:37pm
GRF
The features on a couple of there sailing watches include all sorts of things like gps and starting apps so a lot more for your money but in general  agree. Although some of the rally navigator watches are  more but then again may have specific stuff that makes them more complicated.
Gordon
Phantom 1430

Post Options Post Options   Quote Gordon 1430 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 17 at 1:42pm
Piglet
That link works, not sure I want a calorie counter or pedometer though!
other than that looks very good for the money.
Cheers
Gordon
Gordon
Phantom 1430
piglet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote piglet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 17 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by Gordon 1430

calorie counter or pedometer though!

You must be looking at the wrong one.

Pedometer would have been useful at NSSA regatta to see how many times I went backwards & forwards to the trailer/van.

Post Options Post Options   Quote Gordon 1430 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 17 at 3:19pm
I am sure its mentioned as part of the function list. what a horrible thought a watch that tells you how many calories in everything you eat or worse drink Cry and then tells you how few steps you have done to burn it off.
Gordon
Phantom 1430
iGRF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 17 at 11:00pm
I forgot, I ordered one of those from the first post whilst I was waiting in the chippy last night, I need it whilst my Optimum time is back being repaired yet again. Now strange as it may seem I don't mind having paid 80 quid for the optimum one, I've had good service from them, every battery change and resulting issues like blank screen or full reset when I push the start button. It's a Brit company, ok they spec and buy from the far east probably but they probably also employ locals which is an element of their margin. But that yellow thing in the ad, that's just pure opportunistic bullsh*t, no such reason other than thinking we're all stupid.
iGRF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 17 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by 423zero

iGRF,
For instance a ballcock for water bottle from caravan dealership £40 local plumbers merchant same item £8
Got Optimum watch and Decathlon one, Optimum watch will not stop beeping the minutes, drives you bonkers, will not reprogram.

Like Pets, call it a dog gate for the bottom of the stairs and it's immediately twice the price of the same thing packaged as a child gate.
ttc546 View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote ttc546 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 17 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by iGRF

Originally posted by 423zero

iGRF,

Like Pets, call it a dog gate for the bottom of the stairs and it's immediately twice the price of the same thing packaged as a child gate.

And Doggy Poo bags. Baby nappy bags from Sainsburys - pack of 200 for about £1.50 - and nicely perfumed. Pets At Home poo bags - much less quantity and 4 times the price. They are both the same product and in fact the Sainsburys ones are better quality and errrmmmm thicker .... (saves putting yer fingers thru it accidentally  ....)

Edited by ttc546 - 03 Aug 17 at 1:46pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>