FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2-up in a Vareo or 1 up in a Vision?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
turnturtle View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote turnturtle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 17 at 11:49am
cracking little boat!
iGRF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 17 at 1:13pm
So TT having owned and sailed both this and the RS100, looking back on both experiences and you had to have one or the other, which would you now choose with hindsite and the gloss of the 100 having worn off?.

I'm going to have a go in one shortly with a view to using it as a Sea Boat, will I be able to deal with the increasing problem of the Laserati Bandits and their assault on Hythes chocolates.
Neptune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Neptune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 17 at 1:35pm
The Vareo used to have a handicap of around 1050, its down to 1084 or something now as i presume less people race them quite so seriously - I reckon it could well be a bit of a bandito now on a good course
RS300, ex Musto Skiff
turnturtle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote turnturtle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 17 at 3:03pm
Hi Graeme,

I would have a Vareo again, but not before demoing an Aero .... things have moved on for what I want out of boats/boards etc and I think the Aero would offer a better all round sailing / ownership experience for me right now.  Any concerns for build quality (due to lightness and past RS experiences) have been quashed and they're certainly attracting a quality following around the globe from names I've always read and admired in Laser reports.  Fair to say, initial skepticism period is over.....  I hope it continues to grow and grow.

I wouldn't want another RS100.... too much of a one trick pony, gloss definitely worn off that one.   If I wanted more performance out of a hiking dinghy, then the RS300 still makes the best sense by a country mile.    I can't say there's isn't an itch or two there that might need scratching before I'm done for good.

Edited by turnturtle - 24 May 17 at 3:09pm
iGRF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 17 at 3:47pm
1084? With a kite? Pass me my bandolero and big floppy hat.
Do Different View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do Different Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 17 at 5:25pm
You trying the full main or small one? 
ttc546 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote ttc546 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 17 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by Do Different

You trying the full main or small one? 

It only came with the full main, so thats the one I will use :)  I may buy the small one at some stage if I feel I need to - 527 from RS is a bit steep tho and 2nd hand ones appear rarer than hens teeth ;-)

Agree with all said about the Aero. Lovely boat and am following the chap doing the Lands End to John-O-Groats in one at this very moment. - http://racetoscotland.co.uk/

Edited by ttc546 - 24 May 17 at 5:33pm
Chris
ttc546 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote ttc546 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 17 at 5:34pm
The Vareo PY may suit my current out-of-date racing skills ;-)
Chris
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234