FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dinghy for 55kg

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
iGRF View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 17 at 12:32pm
Far be it from me to recommend a wooden Bandit, but sailing one on small waters almost guarantees a win as long as you cross the start line, follow everyone round and experience the Miracle .
423zero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 423zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 17 at 6:32pm
I am just in the process of buying a Miracle, always wanted one, will also be my first wooden boat.

Edited by 423zero - 15 May 17 at 7:24pm
Rupert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rupert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 17 at 6:50pm
Miracle could be a good call. GRP boats out there, too.
Firefly 2324, Lightning 130, Puffin 229, Leader, Topper 44496, yellow Minisail
423zero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 423zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 17 at 7:22pm
What's Miracle like to sail solo ? Theirs an abandoned one at my club.
wysiwyg70 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote wysiwyg70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 17 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by Ardea

Have a look at the RS Feva.  Single handed will be a slight compromise, but not a big deal.  Will be great to sail with the daughter.  Could even race it together.

I think the Feva might be a good call - plenty available and reasonable priced, esp if I change my mind after the Summer.  The Farr looks a little lively ;)  I could overcome the Mirror's looks after seeing a plastic one fly on the weekend - the cockpit is the perfect layout for a dry cruise but any idea what I might be able to pick one up for please?  Is 3k-4k achievable?
Sam.Spoons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sam.Spoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 17 at 9:10pm
I too saw a modern GRP Mirror being very well sailed yesterday, I suspect they beat me my a large margin on handicap......... The fact that they're still around is testament to the good design.
Spice 346 "Flat Broke"
Blaze 671 "supersonic soap dish"
Supernova 395 "dolly the sheep"
423zero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 423zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 17 at 9:13pm
I think their is a plastic mirror on ebay at the moment
iGRF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 17 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by Sam.Spoons

. The fact that they're still around is testament to the good design.
No they are an awful design, the harder the wind blows the further they plough down into the water, the reason they abound is purely criminal banditry. That and a hard core group of mentally disturbed people who were clearly abused in their youth and in turn abuse their own offspring. I know this because I sail against them week in and out, I've tried to get the social services involved but they just don't seem to take me seriously.

Edited by iGRF - 15 May 17 at 9:38pm
423zero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 423zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 17 at 10:00pm
Here is a short video I did a few years ago, shows a Mirror in very windy conditions, 2 up showing a Laser a thing or two.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypLJO0mG56Q

Edited by 423zero - 16 May 17 at 8:15am
Sam.Spoons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sam.Spoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 17 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by iGRF

Originally posted by Sam.Spoons

. The fact that they're still around is testament to the good design.
No they are an awful design, the harder the wind blows the further they plough down into the water, the reason they abound is purely criminal banditry. That and a hard core group of mentally disturbed people who were clearly abused in their youth and in turn abuse their own offspring. I know this because I sail against them week in and out, I've tried to get the social services involved but they just don't seem to take me seriously.

Big smile Big smile Big smile Big smile
Spice 346 "Flat Broke"
Blaze 671 "supersonic soap dish"
Supernova 395 "dolly the sheep"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>