FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

cheap singlehander for inland lake racing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Rupert View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Rupert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 17 at 9:49pm
Try the Lightning. Lovely inland boat, good value secondhand, feel like a cross between Europe and Laser, kind of.
Firefly 2324, Lightning 130, Puffin 229, Leader, Topper 44496, yellow Minisail
Sam.Spoons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sam.Spoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 17 at 10:38pm
Yes, might do that (but it would probably mean buying one on spec and re-selling if it didn't suit me).

Yup, Comet might be a good call, though maybe a bit too 'L@ser' (like the Byte which, despite the C2 rig, I'm probably a bit big for).
Spice 346 "Flat Broke"
Blaze 671 "supersonic soap dish"
Supernova 395 "dolly the sheep"
iGRF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 17 at 10:02am
I quite fancy one of those Lightnings for the lake looks like the sort of thing I could still handle in a blow, that or an infernal Streaker
turnturtle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote turnturtle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 17 at 11:47am
Originally posted by iGRF

A few extra quid could buy you my EPS,

I'm fairly sure when it comes to a Laser EPS, you ought to be giving someone 600 quid to take it off your hands....  LOL

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sam.Spoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 17 at 11:58am
Try a Europe Graeme, delightful boat for those a few kilos lighter than I am these days :)
Spice 346 "Flat Broke"
NickM View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote NickM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 17 at 9:05am
You can pick up a really nice wooden Solo for very little e.g. http://www.solosailing.org.uk/for-sale/boats/solo-4595-1/

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sam.Spoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 17 at 9:18am
You can, I agree, and it's tempting but I have to keep reminding myself that I have decided I don't want to invest the time and effort to maintain a wooden boat (been there, done that). Also, at 2k I'm in decent Mk1 Supernova or cheap Solution money or even a second Mk2 Blaze (though there was a very tidy looking wooden Solo on the Duck until a couple of days ago for only 800, and not far from me too). 

Edited by Sam.Spoons - 06 May 17 at 9:40am
Spice 346 "Flat Broke"
423zero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 423zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 17 at 10:40am
I keep looking at the lightning 368, going to have to try one.

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sam.Spoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 17 at 11:21am
Just wading my way through a huge thread about the Lightning http://www.yachtsandyachting.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5355&PN=1&title=lightning-368
A couple of things have been mentioned, in particular the low boom, it was suggested that it's as low as a Europe (which would take it off my shortlist) and that they are a handful in a blow.

So I'm back at Streaker and Supernova (with a possible side order of Solo/L@ser Radial). Has anybody sailed both 'nova and Blaze in a breeze? I love the Blaze on the sea (and on the Lake TBH) but think I would find something narrower/rack free easier on the lake.

Edited by Sam.Spoons - 06 May 17 at 11:22am
Spice 346 "Flat Broke"
iGRF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 17 at 11:31am
Originally posted by Sam.Spoons

Try a Europe Graeme, delightful boat for those a few kilos lighter than I am these days :)
You saying I sail like a Girl?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>