FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Prescriptions sunglasses and y&y back issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kev M View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Kev M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Prescriptions sunglasses and y&y back issues
    Posted: 08 Mar 17 at 9:32am
It seems my eyesight is getting worse and I'm in the market for some new glasses. While I'm at it I figured I'd get some prescription sunglasses for sailing in the summer. Some time last year there was an article in y&y about sunglasses for sailing, some of which offered prescription lenses. Problem is I can't find the magazine, can anyone remember which issue it was in so that I can try and order a back issue or alternatively does anyone have recommendations for suitable sunglasses, e.g. floating frames, different types of lens coatings and colours?

Cheers,
Kev
Successfully confusing ambition with ability since 1980.
Sam.Spoons View Drop Down
Really should get out more
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sam.Spoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 17 at 9:49am
I bought a pair of polaroids from Specsavers for 69, not sports types just standard frames. Add a floating glasses retainer and good to go. I did fancy some proper sports wrap arounds but couldn't bring myself to pay 300+.
zeon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote zeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 17 at 12:48pm
Try optilabs. Google it. 😀 

Edited by zeon - 08 Mar 17 at 12:49pm
MerlinMags View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote MerlinMags Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 17 at 10:32am
Prescription sunglasses can be so cheap at GlassesDirect that you almost don't mind if they get lost or scratched. 30 or less is possible, depending on any deals available.

See this great website for all your miserly needs. It's a favourite of mine:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/cheap-glasses-discounts
Kev M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Kev M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 17 at 10:00pm
Thanks all.  Ended up going with some Puma frames from Specsavers, they were the only sports style frames they had (really poor selection) and I just didn't trust buying glasses over the internet.  Not perfect as the wrap around on them isn't great, but hopefully better than the glasses I've been using.  Now I just need to find the time to go sailing and try them out.
Successfully confusing ambition with ability since 1980.
cad99uk View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote cad99uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 17 at 4:10pm
+1 for Optilabs.
zeon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote zeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 17 at 5:58pm
+ 2 for optilabs

Edited by zeon - 04 Aug 17 at 5:59pm
 Post Reply Post Reply