FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Blaze (Fire) or Laser Radial....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ColH View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work
Far too distracted from work

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote ColH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blaze (Fire) or Laser Radial....
    Posted: 12 Aug 16 at 6:24pm
So, for a variety of reasons, my sailing activities have lapsed recently but I reckon I need that outlet again! 
I still have my Blaze, but fear I may now be too light/old/unfit, and I'd need to be sailing at clubs which are smallish 'gravel pits' so may not be suited to getting the best out of its speed. But the 'Fire' version looks like it might suit better.
Obvious easy option is to get back into it with a Laser Radial. But the Blaze is a smart boat: I already have it, and it's one that's still really really tidy, and well fitted-out.
What should I do then: sell the Blaze and hope to easily find a low/mid-priced Radial, or keep it and splash out 725 on a [presumably new] Fire sail.....?

JimC View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote JimC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 16 at 6:32pm
isn't the obvious thing to do to try it and see? Smallish Gravel pits tend to have less wind so you might regret a small rag...
jeffers View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote jeffers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 16 at 7:51am
I found when I had my |Blaze on a small gravel pit that there needed to be a reasonable breeze for it to perform as it tacks relatively slowly compared to other boats out there. 

So tacking on every shift was a loser from the word go. Just my experience.
Paul
---------------------------
D-Zero GBR188
Ex Rooster 8.1 '11'
Ex Laser 167534
Ex Blaze 655
 Post Reply Post Reply