FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Double Hander for Father / Son combo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Doctor D View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Doctor D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 16 at 9:42pm
That's pretty much my thinking. Will be driven on whether a suitable boat appears...
Neal_g View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote Neal_g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 16 at 8:26am
An old grad will be nowhere near on handicap as a new rooster one with all the bells and whistles and big sails depends if you want to race handicap or race against the same class. Seem to remembering hearing that the miracle with kite up is way faster than its handicap but hey that was on this forum. Given some training and pointers you'd be flying the spinnaker in no time
(Redoubt Sc)
Miracle 4040
GP14 13407

Crewsaver phase 2 range now available to buy online on at http://www.gibsonsails.com
woodham78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote woodham78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 16 at 11:26am
Originally posted by Doctor D

That's pretty much my thinking. Will be driven on whether a suitable boat appears...

What did you end up going for Doctor D?
Doctor D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Doctor D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 16 at 4:25pm
Still haven't as yet...

There was a nice Miracle as mentioned in a post earlier which has gone (at a good price too). Otherwise still looking at something like a Graduate.

There's not too many simple double handed boats around which are suitable for small pond and a small crew.

So, in short, I'm still looking....
woodham78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote woodham78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 16 at 4:35pm
Thanks for the update. Yeah, the miracles look good, but I just don't want wood. Quite liking the look of a Comet Duo, but not many of them about either though. There's a couple of Grp grads at our club, but not tried one yet...
Doctor D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Doctor D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 16 at 5:58pm
Depending on what you're looking to do, there's always the roto moulded options - Vision, Feva, Quba, Vago, Pico, Omega, Magno, Vibe , Topaz type stuff..
sawman View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote sawman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 16 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by woodham78

Thanks for the update. Yeah, the miracles look good, but I just don't want wood. Quite liking the look of a Comet Duo, but not many of them about either though. There's a couple of Grp grads at our club, but not tried one yet...

I have an FRP hulled wooden deck Miracle for sale at present (its on the 'duck)could be open to offers. Great combination of maintenance free hull with the great looks of a wooden boat
craiggo View Drop Down
Really should get out more
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote craiggo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 16 at 8:00pm
Boat Yard at Beer are going to be building a batch of brand new Grads in August so you could get a new one or get a good 2nd hand one from someone trading up.
Graduate 2928
OK 2071
woodham78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote woodham78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 16 at 8:05pm
Okay, that's interesting to know, thanks.
Doctor D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Doctor D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 16 at 8:17pm
Yes - that's part of the reason that I'm not rushing - see what turns up in a month or three.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>