FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dinghy suggestions please

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
iGRF View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dinghy suggestions please
    Posted: 18 Sep 16 at 7:34pm
Hi, my email is graemefuller AT mac dot com and I still have it and could probably be persuaded to let it go, even though I had decent result again last week with it.

Edited by iGRF - 18 Sep 16 at 7:35pm
olliekennedy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote olliekennedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 16 at 6:40pm
Hi, thanks for the quick reply, do you have his email?
Thanks,
Ollie
Obsessed is a word the lazy use for dedicated
Noah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Noah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 16 at 7:54pm
iGRF has an eps for sale - or did have. He's a regular visitor to these pages. 
Nick
D-Zero 316

olliekennedy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote olliekennedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 16 at 6:40pm
Hi,
Does anyone know where I can get a laser EPS from or if any of you know someone with one for sale.
Thanks,
Ollie

Obsessed is a word the lazy use for dedicated
woodham78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote woodham78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 16 at 3:07pm
Thanks Dave, that's good to know. Have sailed both a Q'ba & a Feva before, but after much reading am quite tempted by a Topper Topaz..... we'll see.
Cloven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cloven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 16 at 2:24pm
Hi

After much deliberation I went for an RS Quba. It is easily big enough for an adult and child or two small adults but is very much a singlehander if required. Great for sailing with my grandson two up and then as a singlehander when he is in his Topper.

Also the boat has an optional jib and choice of mainsails. very easy to launch and land single handed. Made of plastic so far more robust than a Laser 

I managed to get a secondnad one that came with the full Mylar race rig + jib. However, I then bought a new sport sail from RS which is reefable, slab reefing if you are using the jib and rolls around the mast if not. Very happy with the choice so far.

Hope this helps.

Dave
woodham78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote woodham78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 16 at 11:38am
Hi Cloven, wha did you end up with? I'm having the same conundrum - but have seen a nice looking, well priced Laser II.....
iGRF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 15 at 12:09am
V3000 is about the only thing light enough and quick enough to scratch an ex windsurfers itch and be capable of being launched/recovered single handed I'd say.
craiggo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote craiggo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 15 at 7:59pm
Sprint 15 - It's a no brainer unless you sail where Cats aren't allowed.
OK 2129
RS200 411
JimC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JimC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 15 at 7:12pm
My suggestion is that for the two handed bit you hire a club owned two hander, then the requirements for the singlehander get an awful lot simpler...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>