FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bad Back issues & Bowen Treatment

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
iGRF View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 15 at 5:13pm
Got some more good news today, apparently they do race horses and more importantly my lady, Rebecca reckons she can do dogs, so Milo and I can both get sorted together..
NickA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote NickA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 15 at 7:23pm
Try some Homeopathy too maybe?  Jeremy Hunt thinks it works ... so it must be good!

As far as sailing's concerned .. physio every time and stay away from GPs and Surgeons
3604 ...lapse of reason
Javelin 558
bustinben View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote bustinben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 15 at 7:08pm
Anecdotal evidence is completely useless when it comes to evaluating the effectiveness of a treatment.  How you do you know that you wouldn't have got better three weeks later anyway, without Bowen?

The only thing that you can really rely on are properly randomised, double blind, placebo controlled studies, not stories from other people.
bustinben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote bustinben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 15 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by NickA

Try some Homeopathy too maybe?  Jeremy Hunt thinks it works ... so it must be good!

As far as sailing's concerned .. physio every time and stay away from GPs and Surgeons

You could equally try seeing a witch doctor.  They've been categorically proven to be just as effective.

Edited by bustinben - 20 Dec 15 at 7:09pm
bustinben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote bustinben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 15 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by BVS

...snip...

As for medical studies, I've started ignoring those - is red wine good or bad for you this week?

Perhaps ignoring the intellectually lazy mainstream media would be a better option, rather than trying to fight the cold hard truths of the universe  Wink
iGRF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 15 at 8:36pm
I heard about it from a friend I've never met other than on the internet, so it must be true, rather take my chances with something like Bowen, than enter the disaster that is our modern health service, then I don't suppose many of you have experienced what the health service used to be like when you could trust a doctors diagnosis.
Doctors these days are the products of the 80's and 90's & 00's education system or they come from overseas, cannot speak English, now A&E might still return a half decent service, but backs, shoulders, aches and pains, sorry, you're far better off outside the system, is my experience and being told to ram myself full of steroids which was the alternative, sorry foxtrot oscar, I'd rather stick needles in my eyes.
dohertpk View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote dohertpk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 15 at 10:49pm
Nothing like a bit of casual racism stirred in with your anti-intellectualism is there?
bustinben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote bustinben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 15 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by iGRF

...snip...
Doctors these days are the products of the 80's and 90's & 00's education system...

As am I... and yet here I am talking about science and here you are talking about voodoo  Wink
iGRF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 15 at 9:43am
I'm as racist as the next man when it comes to my health and if there were any hint of intellectual behaviour in the NHS then maybe I wouldn't be as anti, nor would I be entertaining doctors moronic enough to be wasting time posting on internet forums.
turnturtle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote turnturtle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 15 at 11:21am
Trust NHS Doctors? Seriously, you mean trust people who choose medicine for a profession and then expected public healthcare to fit into standard office hours??? f**k that... I'd take my chances with private practices which stand or fall on $$$ and positive customer feedback first too thanks. NHS is a last option, even then they'll probably f**k up the palliative care...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>