FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

More great race reports

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
MerlinMags View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote MerlinMags Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: More great race reports
    Posted: 25 Jun 15 at 10:36am
I have to highlight this report as we were sent an additional document a few days after it was first published.

Scroll down a bit to find "Attack of the Killer Chain Ferry
or Trials and Tribulations of an RS400 Back Marker" by Tony Cliff, which is good to read.

www.yachtsandyachting.com/news/183700/RS400-Southern-Championship-at-Parkstone
gordon1277 View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote gordon1277 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 15 at 10:54am
Hi Merlin
Nice touch having a report from someone other that 3rd or 5th as normal.Also a good read and more of us are in that mind when going away than winning.
Gordon
Gordon
Lossc
laser47 View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote laser47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 15 at 2:25pm
Sounds like they hit one of the enormous barrel jellyfish that are/were off the beach. Actually surprised the didn't make it in to the race reports for the event as they seemed to be the talk of the bar when everyone came in.
fab100 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote fab100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 15 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by laser47

Sounds like they hit one of the enormous barrel jellyfish that are/were off the beach. Actually surprised the didn't make it in to the race reports for the event as they seemed to be the talk of the bar when everyone came in.

The jellyfish made it into the 100 report for Parkstone, bless 'em
rogerd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote rogerd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 15 at 4:48pm
http://www.yachtsandyachting.com/news/183966/Hornets-at-Stone
iiiiitick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iiiiitick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 15 at 11:06pm
A few years ago we had an RS 300 open at Combs which was great fun on a lovely day. I wrote a race report but the fleet split into two very clear halves. My report featured the leaders as someone very close to me won but a friend who was in the other half of the fleet wrote a report for that race. We put both out together which was a great success and covered all the excitement.
Rupert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rupert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 15 at 2:40pm
http://www.yachtsandyachting.com/news/184072/Minisail-Championship-at-Whitefriars

Well, this is my attempt at a report. The weekend was enormous fun, so pretty good easy to write about, but maybe hard to explain why it was fun, given how few people there were!
Firefly 2324, Puffin 229, Minisail 3446 Mirror 70686
laser47 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote laser47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 15 at 3:44pm
In other news, the 300s have been at it again.

Reports from their Aberdovey Nationals last week are on their Facebook group.
iiiiitick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iiiiitick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 15 at 9:57am
The trouble is that one slaves away to write a race report and get it to Mark within the week...oh joy! when you see it in digital print....but as is the way in the digital age it quickly scrolls away into oblivion. did anyone see my Byte Nationals report posted yesterday?
sargesail View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote sargesail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 15 at 7:18am
I did tick - amazing find of that rudder.  My kids enjoyed reading about it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>