FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

London Boatshow 2015

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
scotsfinn View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote scotsfinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: London Boatshow 2015
    Posted: 10 Jan 15 at 11:51am
So who's going and who's been - is it a good one?

Largs Sailing Club. D-Zero GBR 57, B14 744
www.blueseaconsultingllp.com
alstorer View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote alstorer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 15 at 6:19pm
I'd be curious to see a floor plan... I notice this year it's not bundled with several other outdoorsy shows, but is in (this weekend) with "The Cruise Show". There's a completely separate car show on in the other main hall.
-_
Al
scotsfinn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote scotsfinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 15 at 10:20am
Heard back today from some of the exhibitors that the show has a much better feel and is getting back to be the show it should be. I know Princess have signed and got deposits on 5 boats across the range, which sounds good. Still a lot of offers around - especially mental deals from some of the chandlers.
Largs Sailing Club. D-Zero GBR 57, B14 744
www.blueseaconsultingllp.com
RichTea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote RichTea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 15 at 6:07pm
I went on Saturday. The show is in the South Hall. The Classic car show and cruise show were in the north hall. There are no boats on the water (as access is via north hall) and has a fair few large boats, but didn't feel like loads. Rs and Topper along with Hartleys are there. A few chandler it's with yachts gear and some dinghy. I spotted Zhik and Crewsaver dinghy gear, there may be others I wasn't looking.

The 4D experience was pathetic... I was expecting a little more than a wind tunnel, BAR and Musto have some fun experiences. RYA are giving away a choice of green blue fuel saver stuff, few competitions and freebies.

If it wasn't for the other half buying tickets via the RYA I wouldn't of gone, I'd've spectated at the BM. Not worth £20 ticket....used to be that for 2 halls plus the outside too. 

RS200
RichTea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote RichTea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 15 at 6:09pm
RS have the Qba, Tera, Aero and the disabled version of the Venture on their stand

RS200
iGRF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 15 at 8:19pm
The worse days work they ever did breaking up that three show deal, it was just beginning to build as well.

It'll be the first year in a long while I haven't bothered but in truth it's sad that all watersports are not encompassed. If it were Paris or Dusseldorf, or Hiswa,you'd great treated to all aspects of watersport in one show, Windsurfing, Kitesurfing, Wakeboarding, Waterskiing, everything and each bit feeds off the other.

Might actually be worth the price of a ticket, but as far as we're concerned it's a waste of cash and time these days.

davidyacht View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote davidyacht Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 16 at 10:43pm
Is there a place for shows like the LBS or for that matter any shows in this day and age.  All the business seems to be done at Southampton which is better timed for the industry.  I suspect that if LBS did not happen Southampton would be even better.  The Dinghy Show preaches to a very small audience, and the only real punters are those who live close by.
Happily living in the past
 Post Reply Post Reply