FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Plymouths FInal Fling Returns?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
chrishampe View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote chrishampe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Plymouths FInal Fling Returns?
    Posted: 24 Nov 14 at 3:54pm
Rumor has it that Plymouth's greatest open regatta will return in October 2015.
I can remember big fleets in the mid 90's for this one, It will be great to see it back on the calender. Nothing like sailing in those waves past the breakwater!

Chris

Edited by chrishampe - 24 Nov 14 at 3:55pm
Chris Hampe
IC GBR 340
Monkey's Uncle

kneewrecker View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote kneewrecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 14 at 3:59pm
cool - keep everyone posted.  

We had some excellent Student Nationals in the 90's out of Plymouth around that time of year... epic stuff.   Big smile
H4marine View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote H4marine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 14 at 7:03am
How many asymetrics can we get?
sailonline.org sailport.se

Post Options Post Options   Quote chrishampe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 15 at 6:19pm
We are now looking for more classes to join in who is up for some quality sailing on the sea?

Plymouth's greatest dinghy event is back. The Final Fling will be held on the 24th & 25th October with racing outside the breakwater (subject to weather conditions) We currently have confirmed starts for Larks, Asymmetric and Fast Handicap But are also looking to add other one design starts.

If your class or association is interested in joining us please email sail@rpcyc.com
Chris Hampe
IC GBR 340
Monkey's Uncle

craiggo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote craiggo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 15 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by kneewrecker

cool - keep everyone posted.  
We had some excellent Student Nationals in the 90's out of Plymouth around that time of year... epic stuff.   Big smile

You aren't wrong there. I borrowed a Dart 18 for the BUSA nationals and it was mental and that was inside the breakwater! I remember the then moth national champ whizzing past us on pretty much every leg, only to wipe out every time he got to the corner. I think it was 96 or 97.
turnturtle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote turnturtle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 15 at 9:55pm
the really mental one was 97, not that I attended that one, I just helped patch up the demolition derby that returned back to Shields.  

The following year was pretty mental too, sailed that in a Lark and 99 was my final one, in a Laser II- less windy than the other two, but still petty large.  We were top 10 around the windward mark only for a RN battleship to plough through the race course and it got abandoned.  My helm was also puking up blood out the back of the boat- and as a wee fresher, I told him we needed to return to shore and get him properly checked out.

Bitch of a journey - triple stacking Laser IIs and a Laser on the roof.  4 students, all sleeping in the car with damp sailing kit.  (fortunately one of the guys hooked up with some bird from Exeter, that made it a bit more spacious and at least I got to roll the seat back on my side.....  worst game of fart tennis I've ever played too, Plymouth kebabs have a lot to answer for.)

Post Options Post Options   Quote chrishampe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 15 at 8:38pm
Chris Hampe
IC GBR 340
Monkey's Uncle

rpcyc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote rpcyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 15 at 7:43pm
Notice of race and online entry just went up on the sail plymouth facebook page. see www.facebook.com/sailplymouthuk (No facebook account needed to view)
Royal Plymouth Corinthian Yacht Club
 Post Reply Post Reply