FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cracking Day.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
Author
Do Different View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Do Different Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cracking Day.
    Posted: 04 Jun 14 at 9:56am
Smile How "new" ?

BTW. Nice touch with the Dakota, another classic. Thumbs Up
gordon1277 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gordon1277 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 14 at 10:05am
1430 so very new
Gordon
Lossc
kneewrecker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote kneewrecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 14 at 10:07am
Originally posted by gordon1277

What an evening sailing my new Phantom for the first time in any breeze 15 knots south Westerly classic LOSSC evening race and you add the D DAY celebrations with Dakota dropping poppies, Spitfires Hurricanes and various other vintage aircraft roaring overhead.
Biggest crowd we ever had to watch us sailing!
New boat went like a dream disregard the Phantom as a choice of singlehander at your peril a joy to sail up and down wind.

Clap Big smile nice cracking day post!
Rupert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rupert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 14 at 10:46am
Good of them to put on a flypast for your new boat!
Firefly 2324, Puffin 229, Minisail 3446 Mirror 70686

Post Options Post Options   Quote gordon1277 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 14 at 12:06pm
Oh no no they got a superb view of me sailing my new boat to perfection!!
Have to say lots of people out sailing really enjoyed the show, the noise of all those Rolls Royce etc aircraft engines was just fantastic.
Gordon
Lossc
iGRF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 14 at 6:09pm
We had a fair turnout for our RNLI race despite overcast skies and a return to winter wetsuits with the water temp exceeding the air temp encouraging a few to go for a swim mid gybe..
iiitick View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote iiitick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 14 at 6:42am
Cracking evening! Last night no expectancy of wind. Turned up at the club on a wonderful evening, threw 14 boats on the water expecting wind to die any moment....but it stayed in! The surrounding hills, the sunset, our little country pub, my brilliant friends. I sailed sh*t of course....but I am used to that!
iGRF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 14 at 8:02am
Not exactly a cracking day, but I had my arse handed to me by that Laser again down the lake just as I thought I'd got everything dialled, that's what i like about sailing, however good you think you're becoming - you're not.

Damn near got overhauled by a Solo and a Streaker in one of those puffs that bring the whole fleet down while you're sitting in a hole with nothing... Don't you just love those moments?

Post Options Post Options   Quote gordon1277 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 14 at 8:59am
We are running our 3 evening Solstice regatta and for once the first two days have not been blown off or so light you cant make over the tide, and whats more the sun has been out.Summer evening racing is just brilliant.
We have also had good turnouts with a separate trainee/ novices start and smaller course for them.
Just tonight to go fingers crossed the weather stays good.
Gordon
Lossc
NickM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote NickM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 14 at 11:36am
http://www.yachtsandyachting.com/news/178141/Lyme-Regis-Regatta-2014
http://www.yachtsandyachting.com/news/178213/GJW-Direct-Lark-Class-Belle-Isle-at-Lyme-Regis
"...an awesome event - the fleet all agreed the weekend gave us the best conditions we had encountered in years and the event was excellently run." Yep, Conditions as described. Brilliant sailing.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>