FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Beach club holidays in Europe

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
PaulWA View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote PaulWA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Beach club holidays in Europe
    Posted: 17 Jan 14 at 11:24pm
Hi. I'm looking to treat the family to a watersports holiday in Greece or Turkey in the summer holidays 2014. I'm sure they'd love trying all sorts of boats as well as the other activities. Unfortunately the brochure price is more than we can justifiably afford (eg £6,000 - £7,000 for one week). Does anyone know if Sunsail, Neilson etc tend lower their prices much for short notice bookings in the summer? Alternative ideas also welcome! Thank you!
a_dowley View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote a_dowley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 14 at 12:49pm
Have you looked at Wildwind? www.wildwind.co.uk
Rope for sale
Sailing Chandlery - Online Chandlery - Number 1 Rated
Rupert View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rupert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 14 at 1:19pm
Minorca sailing do dinghy show offers - it is possible that other companies do, too.
Firefly 2324, Puffin 229, Minisail 3446 Mirror 70686
Contender443 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Contender443 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 14 at 5:58pm
Have you tried Seafarer, can be cheaper but on the other hand not so much choice as some of the larger companies / centres.
Bonnie Lass Contender 1764
RichTea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote RichTea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 14 at 7:15pm
Ocean Elements came in at £3200 for a week for 2a 2c in August.

This was based on PortoHeli resort. This resort Neilson had for many years, I went here, apart from the coach journey it is a great place. You can get a quick transfer via water from the airport.

RS200
jaydub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jaydub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 14 at 11:15pm
Porto Heli is a good option, but the transfer is pretty tedious.

We're multiple returners to Wildwind, so that would get my vote, but it's probably out of the OP's budget.
PaulWA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote PaulWA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 14 at 10:45pm
Thanks for the helpful responses. Ocean Elements looks good value, but we'd need to avoid the windy resort of Vassiliki.

Would still prefer Sunsail or Neilson (larger and more kit). Does anyone know whether their school holiday prices are likely to be reduced or not?
ajbaldwin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote ajbaldwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 14 at 11:04pm
I was at Minorca sailing early season last year and thoroughly enjoyed it.  The hotel is basic but nice and worked out to be good value.  Plus it was always light to medium winds.  The real plus though was the tuition and the range of boats you can sail

Yorkshire Dales SC
Vareo 505
jim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 17 at 10:58am
I stayed with ocean elements in Porto heli this year and it was very good, the wind was perfect for all of us, the hotel nice and staff excellent. 

I have to say that we've also stayed in Vassiliki with them and it too is very suitable for all levels. Yes the wind gets strong in the afternoon, but that is only from3:30-4pm onwards for three hours of the day as the thermals wind releases its daily build up of pressure! 

So, for the entire morning and much of the afternoon the beginners and intermediate sailors had a great time in light and slowly building wind. Then the experts get out after lunch and the thrill loving experts wanting a blast go out again after 3pm. Yes, I t is a high wind resort for a small part of the day, but it is also a great beginner spot too. Every day beginners and low intermediates are on the water and for most of the day too!

Ocean are a great company, with some of the best standards, kit and teaching (and I've been to a few companies!). They seem to be made up of fun loving are very professional staff that cant do enough for you.... they have a great company ethos... not too cool for school, like some companies can be, and certainly very helpful. 

We did in fact stay on what they call a stay sail holiday so we did a week in a yacht first, which the kids loved, then a week at the beach club. My five yr old raved about the kids club and I loved the great boats they have there!

Brilliant - we will be back. In fact might try Pelion, their LEDA club next time. Tip, travel in June or early July if you can as the prices are much cheaper!

DBS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote DBS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 17 at 6:05pm
I am pretty sure that Sunsail prices are much reduced out of season, but beware bad weather once you get much into October. Can be lovely, but likely to be poor by the time November comes. The sea is pretty cold for swimming before the beginning of June, but smashing in September. 
DBS
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>