FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Extracting Results for Classes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Medway Maniac View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Medway Maniac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Extracting Results for Classes
    Posted: 19 Sep 13 at 3:29pm
We currently score our series race results for Fast, Medium and Slow handicap fleets, plus Laser 2000.

In the Medium fleets we have an ever-increasing number of Blazes, and would like to extract the Blaze results such that we have a separate table for them in the 'published results'.  This would mean that the Blazes would appear twice, once in the Medium H'cap and once in their (sub-)fleet.

My first thought was to allocate the Blazes to two 'fleets', but this does not seem to be possible.

I guess we might be able to define the Blazes twice in the competitors list, but then results would need to be entered twice for each Blaze.

So, does anyone have any hints or tips for a solution, please?
AlexM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote AlexM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 13 at 3:46pm
For the Blazes Include them to have a Division "Blaze" as well as Fleet "Medium". Then you score the series on Fleet (to get the F, M & S results) and then Division (to get the Class results Blaze)

Edited by AlexM - 19 Sep 13 at 3:51pm
JimC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JimC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 13 at 4:00pm
Or score the series twice, first time with the fleet field being fleet, and the second time the fleet field being class

Post Options Post Options   Quote Medway Maniac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 13 at 4:30pm
OK, I 'get' both those replies, thanks.  

But I still seem to end up with two separate sets of published results.  i.e. I can't get all the results into one 'Published Results' file,  with tables for Fast, Medium, Slow 2k's and Blazes?  No big deal, I suppose, but to ease the burden of the results man I was trying to minimise input and simplify output.
AlexM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote AlexM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 13 at 4:59pm
I'm not sure it's possible to automatically get it out of SW, but once you've got both published files you can copy one into the other.
JimC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JimC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 13 at 6:17pm
Its more work setting up, but you could alias the Blazes into a new fleet. Means every time you add a new Blaze to the series you've got an extra job to do, but its not too bad because you use "new like" change the fleet field and then link up the alias.
user aliasing is off by default, you need to turn it on in setup/user interface, but it does mean that you don't have double enry of results because aliases automatically inheit the parent's scores.

Edited by JimC - 19 Sep 13 at 6:20pm

Post Options Post Options   Quote Medway Maniac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 13 at 6:51pm
That sounds like the minimum-effort solution, Jim.  Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply