FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

#GetOutAndSail - get your nominations in!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Mark Jardine View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Mark Jardine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: #GetOutAndSail - get your nominations in!
    Posted: 05 Mar 13 at 1:37pm
Hi all

You might have seen the #GetOutAndSail launch announcement on Saturday at the RYA Dinghy Show. This is a monthly award to an event based on nominations from you, the readers of YachtsandYachting.com. This adds up to real support; £500 cash and £1000 worth of prizes so well worth going for!

Do you have an event that you think could really benefit from this? If so, nominate it now and get your friends to nominate it too!

In the first year we're doing one award per month between April and October inclusive - I know of a certain FOM event that could well fit into this criteria!

Get your nominations in at www.yachtsandyachting.com/GetOutAndSail/ , spread the word on Twitter using the #GetOutAndSail hashtag and like the page if you're on Facebook.

I hope you like this idea - we really wanted to do something to support grass-roots events and this, in my opinion, totally fits the bill. It of course needs your input to be successful! Please post your comments and suggests for #GetOutAndSail here - as with all things on YachtsandYachting.com, I intend to evolve the idea based on your feedback.

Many thanks!

Mark
kingdacks View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote kingdacks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 13 at 4:20pm
Just nominated my entry. Its a very well deserved cause. 
RichTea View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote RichTea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 13 at 6:11pm
Mark 
To clarify, an event that is in April can be nominated now and has to have the most nominations, ie submitted by the most number of people?

If it is in April, when is the cutoff for nominations and when will you find out if you are the winning event?

Do we get one vote for the entire competition or one per month?

Sorry for the questions but I have a few in mind that would be good to get involved.

Edited by RichTea - 05 Mar 13 at 6:13pm
kingdacks View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote kingdacks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 13 at 7:34pm
Can a event which is a worthy cause still win if it doesn't have the most nominations.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mark Jardine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 13 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by RichTea

Mark 
To clarify, an event that is in April can be nominated now and has to have the most nominations, ie submitted by the most number of people?

If it is in April, when is the cutoff for nominations and when will you find out if you are the winning event?

Do we get one vote for the entire competition or one per month?

Sorry for the questions but I have a few in mind that would be good to get involved.

You can nominate any event between April and October - the cut off this month will be 24th March, but in future will be around 10 days before the month in question ends. We'll aim to notify the winning event about 3 days after nominations end to give enough notice to the event organisers.

You get one nomination per person, per month.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mark Jardine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 13 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by kingdacks

Can a event which is a worthy cause still win if it doesn't have the most nominations.

Yes, we will look at the top nominated events and each of the #GetOutAndSail partners will put forward which they think is the most worthy. Our aim behind this is to make sure that we don't keep supporting the same kind of event, or the same area - we want to spread the support as far and wide as possible!
RichTea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote RichTea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 13 at 7:58pm
Thanks for answering the questions.
kingdacks View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote kingdacks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 13 at 4:38pm
Can we have some of the nominations posted, It would pretty cool to vote for them. it might give these events a bit more publicity which in away is supporting the whole idea.
RichTea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote RichTea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 13 at 5:14pm
So which event gained sponsership in April? This is a great idea but has gone quiet since the initial launch.

I nominated an event that happened today, true grass routes sailing, Feva, Laser Radial, Topper and Teras. 35 boats turned up and managed 4 races in gusty conditions, from Outer London RYA sailing centres. For some of these kids it was the first event away from their home centre.

RS200
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mark Jardine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 13 at 11:16am
Hi Rich

Sorry for the delay - just sorting this for today. Things were always going to be tight for the first month and a couple of distractions have left me a little behind!

We've had an awesome number of nominations so far and I did an update late-March - see http://www.yachtsandyachting.com/news/168420/#GetOutAndSail-update .

Remember you can nominate for any other months you want too! September has had the most nominations and June has had the least so far...

Best Regards, Mark
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>